Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,460 Posts
The most common issue is a wheel speed sensor/wheel bearing. Get the computer read and it should tell you. If you don't have a code reader, many auto parts stores will read them for free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never did figure it out. I tried everything I could think of other than replacing speed sensors. Ended up selling the patriot and getting an older Jeep Wrangler YJ.
Damn I’m having that problem with my current patriot, I’ve had it for years since 2015 and it is a 2014 Jeep Patriot with the 6 speed automatic. I have 180,000 miles on it and it runs great but my 4wd won’t engage. For a while, both front lower control arms were terrible and my traction control was turned off. I replaced both control arms and it drives pretty normal again and I reset the jeep with my obd 2 reader and the traction control is now back on, which is good, however I still have no 4wd. The only lights that are on is my engine light but it’s for a emission issue and my tire sensor light. I guess I’ll continue there next but otherwise I’ll take it to a 4wd places that specializes in Jeep’s in my area and have them check it out

21 - 22 of 22 Posts