Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching high and low on this forum and haven’t found a solution. So before I get the patriot up on a lift and start searching into the great unknown if figure I’d pick your brains. Has anyone had he same issue and figured out the fix? I have tried many different ways to engage 4x4 to test it with no success. I currently have no check engine or fault lights. My model is a 2009 limited with manual transmission. I did see the 4x4 light once when I was rolling back in the driveway once so I am sure is not just the bulb. Also from what I can tell all fuses and relays are good. Trust me I have repaired a lot of things since I purchased the Patriot and fuses and relays were included. I figured once I got my tpms sensor light off by replacing one then the 4x4 would engage, but no luck.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Did you ever solve the issue, I've got pretty much the same thing!
Sorry for late response I haven’t been on the forum for a while, but I have returned. I just replaced the switch and still no luck. I have got rid of all my codes on my dash to include a TPS and the intake manifold stuck codes. The light for 4WD isn’t burnt out on the dash. I did check all fuses with a multimeter and they were all good. I have been looking for videos without luck on the YouTube’s for this issue. Next I guess I need to figure out where the ECC sensor is in the differential; if they have one on a manual anyways. One more thing which I’m sure is connected is I can not turn off ESP. And probably the last issue I have which I doubt is connected is cruise control doesn’t work.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So still haven’t figured this issue out. I replaced the 4WD switch, tested the TIPM, and looked for bad wires. I have Voltage at the fuse and the 4WD dash light comes on when I turn on the ignition. I am not sure if it is related but my cruise control doesn’t work, and I have replaced the switch on the steering column. Also I can not turn off traction control or ESP. I will probably replace the traction control switch module next. Anyone have any Insight to a similar issue?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts