Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I believe that Jeep either corrected that issue or the previous owner had that fixed along side the door. At any rate if mine isn't a corroded wire related issue, it could be something with a bad ground or because larger tires were put on the car. I'd replace them but they're really good tires Michelin, that still have 50% life or in other words, 30-35k miles left on em. I hate to spend the money on tires if I can find a work around.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi,

I had the same lights on my dashboards, ESB/BAS, and the snake thing, and the 4WD (not 4WD!) however I try to spot that four wire but didn't manage to find them, here a picture of the wires driver side.

I try to look in that many wires here but couldn't find the loop of 4 pink wires. View attachment 90368
If anybody have a clue on where could I find them, or maybe I don't have them, It's 2007 model 2.4L manual gear.

Thanks,
David.
If you still haven't found them, mine were right where that wire tie is at. So you might need to open up the wires in order to see that loop with the Pink Wires. Also under the hood, then under the Fuse Block, the wire that goes to the 4WD Fuse sometimes gets corroded as well. This mkes me thing that there could be a ton of other failures like that one. If 1 wire can corrode, it only makes sense others could as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same problem. 2014 Patriot Latitude 4X4.

One independent shop said "Probably differential"
Second Dodge/Jeep only independent shop said "Too new. FCA won't let us have re-flashes and downloads. Go to the dealer."
The dealer said "We can't find any problems. It did store a code so we know you're not lying but we hooked it up to the scanner and drove it around. Everything is working as it should."

I drove it home from the dealer, tried to climb a small dirt hill (20 yards maybe?) on my property and about 3/4 of the way up, the rears failed, the fronts started spinning and the "4WD!" light came on and flashed.

I checked the wire harness on the drivers side kick panel, apparently by 2014 (2011 refresh?), they redesigned the cheesy wiring splice so that's no longer an issue.

I checked the wiring under the relay below the driver's headlight, it looked fine. I pulled the relay, none of the spades looked cooked. Same with the wiring under the 15 amp 4wd fuse....so I'm about out of the normal You Tube fixes.

This car has seen nothing but highway miles from super commuting and snow a couple times a year, it's never been thrashed.

I'm at a loss here.............
Just curious...How did you access the smaller relay box, down low, under the drivers headlight..? Through the wheel well..?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,397 Posts
You can check the relays & connectors from up under the hood, but to really work on that relay box it's far easier to access it from the wheel well. There's only a few screws and plastic clips that hold the wheel well liner in, and it quite easy to get to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can check the relays & connectors from up under the hood, but to really work on that relay box it's far easier to access it from the wheel well. There's only a few screws and plastic clips that hold the wheel well liner in, and it quite easy to get to.
Thanks for that..! I've had the well liner off in the past and have the cool little tool to pull those clips out.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts