Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Railroad photographer
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know that there is an update available if you want to change your 430 radio from the blue screen interface (pre-2013) to the black screen interface (2013+). Copy and paste (or follow) the link below:

http://www.mydrive.ch/download/256711877/430N_RHB_RBZ.50.00.07.iso

Once you go to the link it should start to download on your computer. Insert only a CD-R disc and burn the file to the disc. Once you have the disc burned follow the instructions in the link below:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0806113.pdf

This will update your radio software to version 50.00.07. I updated my 2012 430 RBZ (non-NAV) head unit and after the install it updated the look of the screen and changed the color from blue to black. Note: after it finished installing the update and rebooting, my radio asked for a four digit security code. Don't panic! Simply take the key out of the ignition, open the door, and wait for the disc to stop spinning in the radio. Once the disc stops spinning, start the car (turn the engine over), wait for the radio to restart, and remove the disc. You have now successfully updated your 430 radio! I understand this upgrade will work for the 430 RBZ and 430N radios.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You do realize that that even subscribing to mydrive does not give permission to download your file.
Access denied

You don't have the necessary permissions to access this page.

Back to your files

Ooooops!!!!

·
Railroad photographer
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do realize that that even subscribing to mydrive does not give permission to download your file.
Access denied

Back to your files

Ooooops!!!!
Not my file. That's weird, let me see if I can find the post where I found the link. Sorry for the dead link.

·
Railroad photographer
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Access denied

Back to your files

Ooooops!!!!
Ok...every site I went to for this link says the same thing "access denied". I am very glad I downloaded the file to a CD a few days ago! Try this link:

https://app.box.com/s/nrspftiq7dmgmegcsga0

Very sorry again for posting a dead link; I know how frustrating that is.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thank you muchly - The file I found from jeep garage with login and password failed after over 4 hours of downloading, this only took a couple of minutes !! Now I just have to wait patiently for the recalls to be done and, cross fingers, the horn to be replaced (so the wife can drive it again :) )

·
Railroad photographer
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know if it works for you. Glad the link worked this time.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Works like a charm. Left the riot running when I got home (finally ) in a blizzard. Installed without having to even shut the jeep off. Was working before retrieving the disc. The graphics are a lot cooler than the original! To everyone - it is a good file and can even be installed from fat32 formatted USB sticks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Railroad photographer
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thought...would this be a post that needs to be moved to the knowledge base?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts