Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Just get government out of the marriage business and no one will care anymore.

·
Premium Member
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a marriage that is a covenant with God, something gays don't, and will never, have.
Disagree - depends on your god and religion.

·
Why so serious?
1,732 Posts
Disagree - depends on your god and religion.
As I'm sure you know, my answer would be that there's only one, thus no other way. And as I know, you'll spout off other viewpoints with links and we'll go back and forth for a while.

There, I think I just saved us about 2 pages of posting. ;)

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I don't agree with gay marriage, however, all they get in these states is a contractual marriage. I have a marriage that is a covenant with God, something gays don't, and will never, have.
I completely agree.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Agreed.

I don't agree with gay marriage, however, all they get in these states is a contractual marriage. I have a marriage that is a covenant with God, something gays don't, and will never, have.
I do subscribe myself to the Christian faith. I respect what the bible says about marriage, but also respect that marriages occur outside of my faith. It is not my place to judge. My only real gripe is with others who argue against it based on their religious beliefs. How many churches have no problem leasing out their building and having their pastor perform a ceremony for a couple that aren't believers? Just because it's a man and a woman. How is that any different? Lot's of people don't disagree with things others do every day. If it doesn't negatively affect the personal, constitutional, or civil rights of another person, how can we call ourselves free if we prevent it?
I would be against the government forcing churches to perform the weddings agaiinst their belief set, but I doubt that would happen.
I also think that the government needs to get rid of different tax filing status' and things of that nature for married people.

·
Banned
586 Posts

·
Why so serious?
1,732 Posts
I do subscribe myself to the Christian faith. I respect what the bible says about marriage, but also respect that marriages occur outside of my faith.
So you're dancing on both sides here as opposed to taking a stand? That's one of the things wrong with many Christians. Too afraid to step on any toes so they accept things they shouldn't because they're afraid to be called old fashioned, narrow minded or bigots by all the feel-good do whatever types that most of our society seems to be comprised of. I don't hate anyone who is gay, but I don't agree with their actions and I certainly won't respect their union because I know what the word says about it and how my stance is suppose to be as a Christian.

It is not my place to judge.
Nor is it mine. I do know, as a Christian, how I'm supposed to stand on life issues because the Bible clearly states it.

My only real gripe is with others who argue against it based on their religious beliefs.
You claim to be a Christian, yet wonder how people can argue based on faith? Really?

how can we call ourselves free if we prevent it?
We do have the freedom to choose, just like God has given us the freedom to have faith in Him or not. Just because people are free to do what they want doesn't make it right.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
So you're dancing on both sides here as opposed to taking a stand? That's one of the things wrong with many Christians. Too afraid to step on any toes so they accept things they shouldn't because they're afraid to be called old fashioned, narrow minded or bigots by all the feel-good do whatever types that most of our society seems to be comprised of. I don't hate anyone who is gay, but I don't agree with their actions and I certainly won't respect their union because I know what the word says about it and how my stance is suppose to be as a Christian.

Nor is it mine. I do know, as a Christian, how I'm supposed to stand on life issues because the Bible clearly states it.

You claim to be a Christian, yet wonder how people can argue based on faith? Really?

We do have the freedom to choose, just like God has given us the freedom to have faith in Him or not. Just because people are free to do what they want doesn't make it right.
Amen, amen, amen. You took the words right out of my mouth. Thanks for saving me all of the typing. Ahaha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Equal Opportunity Mod
2,482 Posts
Wow, only 30% of americans are happy. I believe it with all the negative people all around;)

·
Premium Member
10,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bondi, so every government sanctioned, atheist, Buddhist, Hindu, etc marriage should be discredited and not called marriage because they do not subscribe to your particular American flavor of christian version of god (or the lack there of)? Remember that only 1/4 of this world are christians and that there are over 38,000 versions.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts