Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone!
visited the site numerous times since ive bought my patriot and i appreciate all the advice and stories. love mine so far! but now im missing my e30 more than ever.. anyway!

with winter on our doorsteps in WA, what should i do to prepare for the possibility of heading up to the mountains or driving to work in the snow? (snow tires, chains, roof racks, etc) also any mod recommendations please let me know :)

·
8,433 Posts
My Patriot is FWD. I drive all over NH including the mountains. My Patriot wears Dunlop Grandtrek Studless tires for winter. I also have a Jeep Compass and that has studded General Altimax Arctics for winter.

I've never had issues with either of the winter tires. I really challenged the winter with the Dunlops and they never let me down. For on-road winter driving they were remarkable. I never needed nor even wished I had AWD -- FWD and the Grandtreks were good enough. If you've got AWD, all the better.

The Compass OEM tires were Firestone Destinations. They are LRR tires and deliver nicely on that promise but are pretty useless in the snow. I got caught in one early-season snowstorm and that was enough to convince me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Falken Tire now makes a decent All Terrain Tire in 205/70 R16. It looks a little meatier than my General Altimax that I have now. The Altimax did OK in the Snow, but these Falkens look like the ticket for Winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts