Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! I recently just got a 2017 Jeep Patriot Latitude FWD. The tires it came with are 215 60 r17. I'm a mailman and have a bit of gravel roads throughout my route. I wanted to purchase some 10 ply tires but I'm sure I'd have to lift my vehicle and for now I'm looking for some tires that have a thick thread and Will do good on gravel roads. For the 17 inch rims my jeep has, I found some the Yokohama 215 60 17 Geolandar all terrain tires at about 188 a piece, And some 225 65 17 Geolandar for 203 a piece I just don't know if they'll fit with no lifts/suspensions/spacers/modification and no rubbing. I also saw some BF Goodrich LT tires and the size was LT225 65 17 at 208 a piece. I was wondering what yall think the better option is and if the BFG LT225 65 17 would fit without any lifts/modifications/suspensions/spacers and no rubbing? Like I mentioned above, the Jeep came with 215 60 17, and I just want to be sure before buying them at once. I did have a chance to look over the thread but I just want to be sure. Any information or any recommendations would greatly be appreciated, thank you very much in advance!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome!

225-65-17 on factory rims won't rub, no mods needed.
Good to know! Today I'm getting the BFG all-terrains (225/65R17) installed today. Downsizing slightly from the Toyo Open Country A/T 2 (235/65R17), which had slight but not damaging rub on full wheel lock.

Still on factory rims without enough offset. I'd like new rims some day but I haven't really liked any of the aftermarket designs I've seen.

Question: Are any of the factory patriot rims offset to avoid that rub (e.g. Limited)?

I saw someone on here with 18" factory rims. Looked nice but wasn't sure if the problem was still there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome!

225-65-17 on factory rims won't rub, no mods needed.
Great! Thank you! I'm sure the rims are original stock rims, so I'll be placing a order and having them installed soon. I was just worried whether the back or front would rub but thabk you for the clarification, it's really much appreciated. Now between the Yokohama and BFG which ones would you prefer? Or any other brand? Once again thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know! Today I'm getting the BFG all-terrains (225/65R17) installed today. Downsizing slightly from the Toyo Open Country A/T 2 (235/65R17), which had slight but not damaging rub on full wheel lock.

Still on factory rims without enough offset. I'd like new rims some day but I haven't really liked any of the aftermarket designs I've seen.

Question: Are any of the factory patriot rims offset to avoid that rub (e.g. Limited)?

I saw someone on here with 18" factory rims. Looked nice but wasn't sure if the problem was still there.
Let me know how it went with the BFG Tires installed! And if you can post some pictures after or send them directly, I would greatly appreciate that as I'm ordering some soon and would like to know how they look/installed. I'm up sizing from the 215 60 17 it came with, so any and all information would greatly be appreciated, thanks once again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Let me know how it went with the BFG Tires installed! And if you can post some pictures after or send them directly, I would greatly appreciate that as I'm ordering some soon and would like to know how they look/installed. I'm up sizing from the 215 60 17 it came with, so any and all information would greatly be appreciated, thanks once again!
BFG's are heavy and so will suck what little power the engine has. For me when looking for tires for any vehicle I first look for tire purpose, here it's A/T, and secondly the tire weight. If there's a few tires with similar weight I'll then look at reviews and compare them, keeping in mind how much I plan to be on/off road and the type of off road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This was accurate! BFG all-terrains at 225/65R17 eliminated the tire rub and are a smoother ride and tougher look. If I ever get larger tires again, I'll buy wheels with a lower offset, but these should keep me good on factory rims for the next 5 years. I'll post pics when the sun's up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
BFG's are heavy and so will suck what little power the engine has. For me when looking for tires for any vehicle I first look for tire purpose, here it's A/T, and secondly the tire weight. If there's a few tires with similar weight I'll then look at reviews and compare them, keeping in mind how much I plan to be on/off road and the type of off road.
I gotta say, the BFGs are a much nicer ride than the Toyo ATs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here you go! Again, BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 at 225/65R17 with Rough Country 2" lift/leveling kit installed. No tire rub. I may swap the front-end spacers for the new Rough Country N3 struts. Holding for another forum fan's update before making that purchase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts