Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I run my patriot, it will quickly hit its cruising temperature after only a mile or two, is this normal? Also after running it on the highway for a bit it will slightly push past the middle of the temp gauge, it’s not overheating but definitely concerning as I want to be able to drive my Jeep Patriot on the highway.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
121 Posts
Could be a bad sensor or a bad T stat. I am not an expert on this issue just my thoughts. I am sure someone here on the forum will have a good answer for you.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,792 Posts
Make sure that the fans are working properly and that the radiator/AC condenser/Trans cooler fins are clean and straight. I drove thru a cloud of sand flies a couple years on my way to work, 5 minutes later I noticed that the temp gauge was reading higher than normal. On the way home from work the gauge was right at the H by the time I got home. Found that the fins were all clogged up with bug massacre. Fixed with a power washer.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
121 Posts
Make sure that the fans are working properly and that the radiator/AC condenser/Trans cooler fins are clean and straight. I drove thru a cloud of sand flies a couple years on my way to work, 5 minutes later I noticed that the temp gauge was reading higher than normal. On the way home from work the gauge was right at the H by the time I got home. Found that the fins were all clogged up with bug massacre. Fixed with a power washer.
Learning a lot from you. Just wanted to say thanks for the info.

Reactions: mr_et2
1 - 4 of 4 Posts