Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up 2016 patriot that is pretty much base model. No steering wheel controls for the radio but has calling feature. I am installing an andriod radio and can't get it to turn on. There isn't much info on this year about wiring diagrams and radio installation. From what I have read the stock radio doesn't have the necessary ACC wire so the aftermarket radio needs to be hooked to the cig lighter or some other source for the ignition wire. That is done. Also my the third knob on the climate controll blinks and won't start any climate controll for about 10 seconds after installing this stereo. Any thoughts on that?

Do I have to hook the canbus wires up for it to power on?

Is there a better way to do this than what I got going on?

Not trying to spend an arm and a leg on a idatalink module. Just want it to play music.

Harness:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XR2MPKZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Head unit:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B082F98CT1?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that link. It has been fixed.

Is there a certain one I buy? Where is it installed?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,567 Posts
The radios in the Patriot gets quite a bit of control from the CANBUS, so you really do need anadapter for that. One reason I went with XTRONS for my Android head unit. Besides not needing an ugly adapter to make it fit in my dash, it came with everything needed to hook up... just plug n play. Power, steering wheel contols, even illumination runs thru the CANBUS. A few people told me I was nuts to spend ~$300 on an aftermarket head unit, but when you figure in the costs of all the extra stuff needed to hook up a $100 head unit, it equals out.

Email the guys at Crutchfield.com and they'll point you in the right direction as far as what's needed to get you running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts