Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Patriot Sport 2WD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Newt here. I purchased my 2016 Patriot new off the lot.I opted for the FWD model and never regretted it. Where I live, NC, 4x4 is a nice feature but rarely needed. In 4 years, I've had to replace an ABS sensor and one other item under warranty..

·
8,290 Posts
Welcome! I've had two FWD Patriots and I agree with you. If you've got good tires, the only thing you need 4wd for is serious off-roading or deep, wet snow. Getting home in a snowstorm or taking on a muddy road is not a problem for an FWD Patriot.

Like you I've had very few repairs other than two transmissions replaced under warranty. That reminds me, if you have the CVT I suggest you get the fluid & filters (ther are two) changed at least every 50,000 miles. The owners manual is OTL on that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the 6 speed. Not to happy that I can't monitor the fluid level.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda confusing to navigate this forum. I checked Patriot of the Month and latest is July? My computer says I have 2 responses to my posts. Can't find them. I marked one post because it was very informative. Gone. Wassup?

·
8,290 Posts
Kinda confusing to navigate this forum. I checked Patriot of the Month and latest is July? My computer says I have 2 responses to my posts. Can't find them. I marked one post because it was very informative. Gone. Wassup?
If you click on your avatar at the top right of the screen the drop-down menu should show you "Alerts." If you click on that you should get links to the threads with the replies.

FYI, I had a problem this morning that I couldn't see posts by one member when I went to their profile. I'm not sure what that was about but it worked later in the day.

I don't think we've had a Patriot of the Month in a couple years. I'm not sure why. That decision was made before I was a moderator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts