Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2016 Jeep Patriot Latitude (4WD). Over the past few days, the engine would shut down and try to restart with the vehicle moving. I stopped at a Valvoline Oil Change location, as I was almost due for an oil change. I had the service done, then I asked the tech to check for codes. It came back with a "Crankshaft Position Sensor" code. This evening, we were at around 60 mph, and the engine shut down (tach went to 0), restarted, shut down, restarted, shut down, then restarted, again. A very scary situation, to say the least. Has anyone else had this problem...and was it the "Crankshaft Position Sensor", or some other problem? Thanks, in advance, for any insight.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've not had this issue with my Patriot, but I know that others on here have had issues with the crankshaft position sensor. The only experience I have with a faulty crankshaft position sensor was on my old 99 Jetta. The engine would just die, no matter whether I was idling or doing 80 doing 80 down the highway. It would always start again, but usually not for at least 10 minutes.... once it was almost an hour. You issue definitely sounds like that sensor needs to be replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts