Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot and for the past few months my blower for the AC/Heater has had some issues. It won’t turn on at all even on the highest setting then it’ll start running for a few seconds but sound like it’s struggling to run then after the few seconds it’ll stop again. The air is cold so it’s not a compressor issue so I’m thinking it’s either the blower itself or the resistor. Can anyone help me figure out the issue?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,493 Posts
With the symptoms you described, it sounds like a failed blower motor. If it was a bad resistor then the blower would still work, but only on high.

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Patriot, High Altitude, CVT II
7 Posts
My 2016 was doing the same thing. The blower would ramp up and down randomly. It was struggling to keep up at times. I replaced it and all was fine afterwards.👍🏼

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With the symptoms you described, it sounds like a failed blower motor. If it was a bad resistor then the blower would still work, but only on high.
I bought a new blower motor online and put it in and it’s as good as new! Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts