Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had the 2016 jeep patriot 4wd sport since MAY by JUNE it stalled on me after fueling, pulling up slowly to a red light it then stalled out again but on a different day, at that time i said holy CRAP what did I get myself into, brought it back to the dealer, dealer had the vehicle for almost 3 weeks, mechanic changed out what seemed to be the camshaft position sensor as well as the crank shaft sensor and sent me on my way with full confidence i assumed problem was fixed, No No No here comes the stalling once again, then that's when i started to do my own research, but since both sensors were replaced the next part would have been the TB (throttle body) ran good for about 2 weeks then stalls out on me while on the express way cars flying everywhere pulled hard to the right to get off on the shoulder, boy i tell you my heart almost imploded but the thing is the vehicle starts right up, every time till the next stall out, still doing research and almost everyone whos experienced this problem can not figure the stalling out, OBD is picking up any codes, no Warning/dash lights please would someone break the ICE on how to fix this virus.

·
Administrator
8,242 Posts
Get a scanner that can record and store live data while you drive and record "freeze frames" when something happens.

If you want you can check the relays and wiring in the relay box for corrosion.

The relay box is in the drivers side front fender under the battery. It only has relays, no fuses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have had the 2016 jeep patriot 4wd sport since MAY by JUNE it stalled on me after fueling, pulling up slowly to a red light it then stalled out again but on a different day, at that time i said holy CRAP what did I get myself into, brought it back to the dealer, dealer had the vehicle for almost 3 weeks, mechanic changed out what seemed to be the camshaft position sensor as well as the crank shaft sensor and sent me on my way with full confidence i assumed problem was fixed, No No No here comes the stalling once again, then that's when i started to do my own research, but since both sensors were replaced the next part would have been the TB (throttle body) ran good for about 2 weeks then stalls out on me while on the express way cars flying everywhere pulled hard to the right to get off on the shoulder, boy i tell you my heart almost imploded but the thing is the vehicle starts right up, every time till the next stall out, still doing research and almost everyone whos experienced this problem can not figure the stalling out, OBD is picking up any codes, no Warning/dash lights please would someone

Hello I hope this helps you. I just brought my 2015 4WD Patriot back from the shop last week and we solved the stalling problem. The cause was a sensor called the crankshaft position indicator. I was getting this code as a check engine light on the instrument panel. The mechanic changed out that sensor, and he also replaced the transmission fluid. You will have to change fluids at 120,000 miles anyway. So replacing the crankshaft position indicator, which is part of the transmission, was $46. Replacing the fluid plus labor will probably get you a bill around $300-350. Still cheaper than buying a new car. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
Mark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts