Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Patriot Engine: 2.0L I4 DOHC 16V Dual VVT, CVT Front Wheel Drive Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been planning on getting a lift kit and tires but i have no idea on where to look or even if im getting a good price anyone got any recommendations?
Wheel Tire Car Plant Automotive carrying rack

·
Administrator
7,730 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site!

Interesting car in the background, looks like a three wheeled Patriot conversion.
Wheel Tire Plant Car Automotive carrying rack

On the build, I'd start with a slightly larger, more aggressive tire, a set of skid plates, and recovery points / tow hooks front and back.

If you're staying with factory 16" rims, the largest tire you can use without any modifications is 235/65/16 or around 28".

A couple of tires that might work are the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W and the Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse A/T.

You might also ask Discount Tire for some input, they've done a lot of work on this board with fitting tires and rims on the Patriot.

After the tires, skid plates, and tow hooks are on, take it out and wheel it, and see if you really need / want the hassle and expense of installing a lift, especially since it's only a FWD.

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Patriot Engine: 2.0L I4 DOHC 16V Dual VVT, CVT Front Wheel Drive Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i took a panorama of the view and luckily a patriot passed while i was doing it, pretty cool i never realized that.
and thanks for the advice ill start making a list for the parts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i fount these tires not sure if they will fit but its a damn good deal if you ask me
Azure Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
62 Posts
How can you possibly think you could waste your time building an "Off road" vehicle that is FWD only.......Your kidding right.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
You will be limited by your FWD, but like you said, it is your car, go nuts!

Lift, bigger tyres, skid plates, tow hooks, all good starting points

You wanna do these first before splashing cash on light bars, rock sliders, ladders, snorkels, etc. Without the basics, you won't get to utilize the extras

1 - 12 of 12 Posts