Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new here and enjoying the site. Bought my 2016 Jeep Patriot one year ago and it's been a great vehicle but shortly after purchasing it the cruise control only worked under 55 miles an hour my first road trip in it I was able to hold 80 miles an hour on cruise control. Now it just turns off after 55 miles an hour and won't turn back on until I slow down under 55. At first I was trying to see if it had to do with the clock spring but didn't seem consistent turning left or right. Then I thought maybe it had to do with bumps in the roads but that also didn't seem consistent. I was reading that the ABS sensors we're tied into the system. Someone cleaned their hub assemblies and that solved their problem. has anybody else ran into this issue yet. All of my switches work correctly. From what I've read there is no relay or fuse and it's directly wired into the ECU. I would just like my cruise control to work on Highway. This cruise control setup is not a lever it is four buttons on the steering wheel. It usually works fine in town 35 45 miles an hour however does cut out every now and then but it's more reliable to use in town. It seems like the closer I get to 55 miles an hour the more it cuts out. I don't want to start throwing Parts at it because that's expensive but I am a mechanic by trade and this has me stumped. Has anyone else seen this problem. I suppose I'll start by cleaning the hub assemblies and abs sensors. Any help is really appreciated
Oh, it has 109k miles, its the cvt auto, 2wd latitude

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Maybe cut the battery for a few hours and plug it back in? See if it resets it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tried disconnecting the battery that did not work. Also replaced a speed sensor and two wheel bearings and still no cruise control. Actually I should say it does work up until 55 mph and then it shuts off. And there are no ABS codes or any codes at all for that matter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did any of you figure out the issue, I have the same problem with 2015 patriot latitude. Cruise control cuts out at 55mph.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Did any of you figure out the issue, I have the same problem with 2015 patriot latitude. Cruise control cuts out at 55mph.
This certainly sounds frustrating, Droc82. Have you had the chance to bring your Jeep to the dealer for diagnosis? Since they will be in the best position to assist, we suggest doing so at your earliest convenience. If you'd like assistance while working with them, send us a PM.

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 7 of 7 Posts