Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey crew,
Noticed while driving there was some cold wind coming in on the drives side lower windshield corner. After investigation the cowl is snapped and the rubber seal on the windshield is no longer attached. Ugh.. Bought this used in Nov and have discovered so many issues.

Thanks to eBay I got a new one for $50 but can't see to find anything on install.

Has anyone replaced theirs? Is this a common issue?

Cheers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok... So I did the removal. Was super easy, and thought I would share

1) Remove the plastic caps at the base of the wiper blades, to reveal bolts 13 mm
2) unscrew 13 mm bolt and set off to the side.
3) the wiper arm should take minimal wiggling to remove.
4) now you can pop the trunk open to access the cowling.
5) there are two screws on the very lower corner of each cowling left and right, you can unscrew and set off to the side
6) in the middle of the cowling on the top you will see two clips that need to be popped out, and set off to the side
7) the cowling itself now should be loose, and in order to remove you have to lift upwards towards the windshield as it is hooked under the plastic below the windshield.
8) when removing the cowling it will also remove the rubber attachment between the cowling and the windshield. You will have to take this off and clean it and put it on your new part.
9) clean the windshield and remove any debris that might be underneath where the cowling was.

Now reverse these steps, to put the new cowling in :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts