Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 Pat with roughly 42,000 miles on it. yesterday morning i took to the dealership to get inspected, oil change and tire rotation. I get it back around 11 and drive to work. By lunch time, (2:30) i notice that the headlights are on and that for some reason my jeep is unlocked. (habit of locking, so this is weird) I get in to drive and it worked, no problem, got me some lunch and drove for about 25 minutes then came back to work, roughly around 3:40 and parked, locked jeep and go back to work. 6 'oclock comes around and i find my jeep with headlights on and unlocked again. i go to start to drive home and them the jeep turns on, but moment i go to put in reverse, all power dies to engine and it goes into auxiliary. on the dashboard, there's this little red dot over temp gauge that is flashing on and off. lights, locks, radio all still work minus the actual engine. anyone know what this could be?

·
Super Moderator
5,533 Posts
The flashing red light means a problem with the security system.

Exactly whats causing it I don't know.

You could try using another key if you have one, but because you're finding the lights on and doors unlocked it may be a problem with something else like the WCM, TIPM, or PCM.

You also can try checking for error codes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The flashing red light means a problem with the security system.

Exactly whats causing it I don't know.

You could try using another key if you have one, but because you're finding the lights on and doors unlocked it may be a problem with something else like the WCM, TIPM, or PCM.

You also can try checking for error codes.
Thanks! Was really weird. So, I had to use push start on key and then turn ignition on and give it some gas and was able to drive to dealer. They ran codes and found the key fob was the problem. Got new one and programmed and no problems. Hopefully that was it. Drove it for about 30 minutes and no problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I parked across from a Patriot at the big box store and when I pressed my fob to lock my Patriot i notice the OTHER Patriot responded too!! I did several more tests, and concluded that I had found another car with the same codes as mine. Bizarre, what are the odds?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I parked across from a Patriot at the big box store and when I pressed my fob to lock my Patriot i notice the OTHER Patriot responded too!! I did several more tests, and concluded that I had found another car with the same codes as mine. Bizarre, what are the odds?
Thats epic! Imagine if someone was in the other patriot trying to sleep when all of a sudden it unlocks, locks and starts working all by itself! Thats so crazy 🤣

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Thats epic! Imagine if someone was in the other patriot trying to sleep when all of a sudden it unlocks, locks and starts working all by itself! Thats so crazy 🤣
My sadistic nature would have resulted in some fun if I would have discovered that. Glad to see that Jeepdude got the issue resolved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts