Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Crew!!
Currently trying to source power from the main battery to the back of the trunk, for all my mods. I have seen a few threads that give a couple different opinions but nothing clear. I have a distribution bus set up in the back trunk of my patriot. But looking to run a four gauge wire from the engine all the way to the back. I have read the firewall is on the left side of the engine bay behind the windshield fluid. But I can't seem to find the grommet where wires go in. I have also read that I could take off the wheel fender liners, and that should allow me to pull the wire through into the the drivers lower panel.

I don't want to drill if I don't have to.....

Help would be amazing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, and even then, it is not easy. Removing the fender liner is a couple bolts and some push pins, so that's not too bad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the point in the right directionQ!
Gotta get them mods some power, so I have to do it lol
Hooking a fridge in the back for camping ⛺

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,191 Posts
Your easiest bet is probably to run it under the vehicle. I ran a wire from the battery all the way to the back and zip tied it along the brake lines. I didn't run it inside though so I can't really help too much with that, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK.... Soooo I was able to get it in via the hole behind the the wiper fluid. Which leads right behind the glove box. I checked the wheel well and there just wasn't enough space,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell us more about the mods and the overall build please. :)
Just got the Patriot in Nov, so just feeling it out. It started with me wanting to install a new Touchscreen Apple Car Play deck and has been snowballing lol

1) Touchscreen Deck
2) backup camera
3) took out the 12v lighter socket and replaced with usbc quick charger

Cause I fly drone and want to make the Patriot camping friendly, I needed to be able to charge items while the Jeep is off. So installed:

1)Hi-Amp Water Resistant 100A Circuit Breaker with Manual Reset

2) 12-Way Fuse Block W/Negative Bus - JOYHO ATC/ATO Fuse Box

3) 3 in 1 Waterproof Cigarette Lighter Socket Splitter Power Adapter Outlet (in the glovebox)

4) 4 in 1 Charger Socket Panel - as I am hooking up a fridge (the cubby hole in the right back of trunk)

5) RT-TCZ Rear Glass Lift Gate LED Hatch Dome Light Bar

Still to come....
1) hitch in the back
2) looking for front grill
3) roof rack
4) roof lights

1 - 14 of 14 Posts