Jeep Patriot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radio keeps cutting in and out. It's like it stops working completely I can't turn up the volume or anything. It happens with everything I use. Bluetooth, CD, AM/FM. does anyone know what could be causing this?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,454 Posts
Sounds like bad solder connections inside the radio. If that's the case, and you know how to solder, it would actually be an easy fix. However, if you're not electronically inclined, best idea is to get an aftermarket radio.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot, North Ed.
341 Posts
I had this problem. It broke internally and the radio needed to be replaced

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2016 Patriot and my sound is cutting in and out every few seconds nothing has fixed it. There are hundreds of posts online w people having same issue and having to get new radio. Is there going to be a recall?

·
Administrator
8,545 Posts
I have 2016 Patriot and my sound is cutting in and out every few seconds nothing has fixed it. There are hundreds of posts online w people having same issue and having to get new radio. Is there going to be a recall?
Aside from a loose connector somewhere, it's probably a bad solder connection somewhere inside the unit. Seems to happen more with the radio as opposed to the CD, etc.

Some have had varying degrees of success taking the radio apart and re-soldering the boards, but for most it's better just to get another radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.