Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my 2014 jeep patriot was overheating just past the middle line when idle. I replaced the 2 thermostats was fine for 2 weeks then did it again and I replaced the water pump.. now was fine for 3 days and is now getting hot while idle again seems to get hot when idle for more then 5 min then will adjust down to the middle line while driving but still running warm. I have not had any leaks so I really just don't no whats next... please help

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot, North Ed.
325 Posts
Check that the front of the radiator isn't blocked or obstructed with dirt/leaves/etc. Check the fuse for the radiator and that nothing is blocking the fans. Without the key, check that the fans free spin.

Reactions: brittanyraposa

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check that the front of the radiator isn't blocked or obstructed with dirt/leaves/etc. Check the fuse for the radiator and that nothing is blocking the fans. Without the key, check that the fans free spin.
I will check the fuse but nothing blocking from what I can see

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot, North Ed.
325 Posts
Check for continuity between the fans and the fuse with no power. If you have a power probe you can check if the ground is in good enough shape to accept enough current by powering it and seeing if it trips the internal breaker on your tool

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check for continuity between the fans and the fuse with no power. If you have a power probe you can check if the ground is in good enough shape to accept enough current by powering it and seeing if it trips the internal breaker on your tool
yeah so it seems that the radiator fluid is always low but I have no.leaks and its not taking from my resivour

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello my 2014 jeep patriot was overheating just past the middle line when idle. I replaced the 2 thermostats was fine for 2 weeks then did it again and I replaced the water pump.. now was fine for 3 days and is now getting hot while idle again seems to get hot when idle for more then 5 min then will adjust down to the middle line while driving but still running warm. I have not had any leaks so I really just don't no whats next... please help

I am have the exact same problem with my 2014 Patriot. Has been in the shop probably 4 times now for the same issue and we can't figure out what is causing it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem when I replaced my thermostat and water pump it ended up fixing it. Because I keep noticing that my coolant kept leaking and it was leaving a puddle of coolant. So i would check your thermostat it’s located underneath the air filter house if above the transmission on the right side of the engine

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check your radiator. It sounds like you may have a bunch of channels clogged. Run the engine until you hear the fans turn on then shut the engine off. Run you hands along the entire radiator. It should be hot at the top then warm/hot down to the bottom reservoir. If you find cold spots that is where you clogs are. Had that happen to an 84 TC3. Kept overheating and warping the head though you couldn't tell if the engine was getting hot because back in those days you only got a CEL and no gauges. After several heads replaced (by the dealer) I got to poking around and ran my hands along the radiator. Low and behold halfway down the radiator it was ice cold. Replaced the radiator, and the problem was resolved. The dealer kept replacing the heads, cooling lines, water pumps, thermostats, and flushing the system but never thought of replacing the radiator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts