Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The crawl ratio for a FD1 with the new 6F24 six-speed PowerTech automatic transmission is...drum roll please...17.35:1!* That is within spitting distance of the much ballyhooed 19:1 of the FDII without the "sluggish performance and poor economy" so often criticized with the CVT. If you haven't driven a Patriot with the new tranny you should try it out.

I wonder "what if" jeep had made this upgrade a few years ago.

* info deduced using available first gear ratio number of 4.21:1 and drive gear ratio of 4.12:1 and the 28" tire size of the 215/65/17 tires. I will certainly retract this statement and offer a correction upon someone posting more accurate numbers. www.grimmjeeper.com

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You're quoting from the November 2013 article you just linked to in a previous thread, an opinion piece comparing the 2007 CVT with the 2014 6spd. Again, apples and oranges. This is all old news.
Didn't you just compare apples and oranges to show that you believe they are different?

You are incorrect. I researched the above numbers and visited that calculator website to determine the ratio. For Pete's sake I even linked the calculator that is a common and respected source in the 4x4 world thatI used! So even if the info is 6 months old...can you cite an accurate contradiction for it? Can you show it to be incorrect? How do you determine such a thing for a vehicle with no low range? You use 1st gear ratio, "axle" ratio , and tire diameter, right? Please correct this erroneous info mine.

That the sun raises in the East is also old news. Does it make it incorrect?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Opinion piece about the author's preference for the 6spd., which you echo. I did not state that your ratio assessments were incorrect. Two different transmissions, many different opinions about why one is better as perceived by the operator, apples and oranges - an "accurate contradiction," therefore would be another opinion. Congratulations on finding the transmission you prefer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Math is not a "opinion statment" no need to get butt hurt! Apple to Oranges, Oranges taste better = " Opinion Statment " !!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Math is not a "opinion statment" no need to get butt hurt! Apple to Oranges, Oranges taste better = " Opinion Statment " !!
No pain here. Again, re-read my post and you will learn that I did not challenge anyone's "math" presentation. I merely noted that a review constituting the personal opinion of the reviewer regarding preferences between two totally different transmissions constitutes an opinion and a tired one at that repeated several times before.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome. Things like 0-60 times are opinions. That is an interesting world view and one the explains how big of blinders are required to be a CVT cheerleader.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Awesome. Things like 0-60 times are opinions. That is an interesting world view and one the explains how big of blinders are required to be a CVT cheerleader.
Going full retard in another thread I see.

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Being called a retard by someone in love with a dog like an 84 Camaro is hardly an insult.

Maybe you two could wonder through the engine/transmission forums for a minute. You would apparently be enlightened about what our fellow MK owners post about the CVT.

Don't like facts but can't dispute them? Why call someone a troll then. Next compare me to Hitler. I really did not expect many actual "car guys" on here and I have not been disappointed. Do you fanbois always ban together to shun someone who doesn't toe the party line?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Being called a retard by someone in love with a dog like an 84 Camaro is hardly an insult.

Maybe you two could wonder through the engine/transmission forums for a minute. You would apparently be enlightened about what our fellow MK owners post about the CVT.

Don't like facts but can't dispute them? Why call someone a troll then. Next compare me to Hitler. I really did not expect many actual "car guys" on here and I have not been disappointed. Do you fanbois always ban together to shun someone who doesn't toe the party line?
And you know my car is a dog how ? Oh you dont. I see you're talking out of you're ass again. Trying to state your opinion as fact still is pretty funny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts