Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot latitude
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone added a cooler to the 2.4 autostick? The kits don’t seem to match up, so has anyone tried alternative options? Maybe a air/oil kit like this. Use the original mopar adapter and a kit.

I’m about to move 1200 miles and need to pull a small utility trailer, it won’t weigh more than any recommended limits as I’m moving no furniture just boxes of items. My Jeep has 102k miles and has been maintained correctly. I’m just really worried about the possibility vehicle failure.

my trailer will have brakes and I won’t push hard at all.
Thank you for the input.

·
Administrator
6,444 Posts

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,729 Posts
I have an aftermarket engine oil cooler on my 2010 FD1 CVT, and have taken it across Texas in 90 degree weather(Michigan native) and it didn't go above 3/8 of the way on the temp gauge. Louvers may have had some impact on that too, and they were installed first. Originally, the temp gauge would be about in the middle in regular driving under just about any conditions. Now it only does so when off-roading. And I've hauled a rather wide trailer(800 pounds empty weight) a couple hours from home to pick up a ~350ish pound snowmobile, and brought it home with no issues. With that sled and a second 370 pound sled on the trailer, I'm debating whether I should try visiting the UP this winter, as it's a 3 hour drive just to get to the bridge and that's quite a bit of weight and air resistance for these little things. For what you're wanting to do, you should be just fine, once the oil cooler is installed.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Patriot latitude
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update no cooler stock 2014 fd1, pulled 2200lbs 2400 miles no issues at all. 70-75mph highway speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts