Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 patriot latitude
Check engine light on, traction control light is on and red lighting bolt is on and jeep will only go 25 mph. Tried the reset the codes with 10 second things and all that on this site,
What do you all think the problem is, this is my dd so need to get it fixed ASAP.
Codes that come up are C1407 and C1424
Thank you for the help

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,058 Posts
Welcome!

I can't find find much on the C1407, just "Traction Control Valve Rear Circuit Short To Battery"

For the C1424 I found this:
C1424 Possible Causes
Faulty Brake Actuator Assembly (Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor)
Brake Actuator Assembly harness is open or shorted
Brake Actuator Assembly circuit poor electrical connection

C1424 Description
The Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor is connected to the Skid Control ECU in the brake actuator assembly. The Skid Control ECU monitors the Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor. The Skid Control ECU sets the OBDII code when the Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor is not to factory specifications.

These look like electrical errors, So I would recommend checking the vehicle grounds under the hood, especially if this all started at the same time.

·
Administrator
5,830 Posts
2013 patriot latitude
Check engine light on, traction control light is on and red lighting bolt is on and jeep will only go 25 mph. Tried the reset the codes with 10 second things and all that on this site,
What do you all think the problem is, this is my dd so need to get it fixed ASAP.
Codes that come up are C1407 and C1424
Thank you for the help
The codes you gave don't come up in my service manual.

There are two "U" codes of that same number that indicate a possible PCM or TCM failure.

Try disconnecting the battery cables, touch and hold them together for 10 minutes, then reconnect to the battery and see if it helps.

Other than that I think you're looking a trip to the shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve done the remove the ground for hours then reconnect, what does touching the red and black for 10 mins do?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts