Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 patriot 2.0 but for some reason the fans will no switch to high the relays work. But the fans won't turn on to high. If I run them direct they work on high what could be causing it not to switch to high. Sometimes they won't even turn on at all even with the ac on high

·
Administrator
7,040 Posts
The following describes how the system decides what speed the fans should run:

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Rectangle

So presuming that the circuit wiring is intact and all components are functioning properly, when the A/C is on and the engine coolant temperature is high enough then the fans should run on high.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The following describes how the system decides what speed the fans should run:

View attachment 95298

So presuming that the circuit wiring is intact and all components are functioning properly, when the A/C is on and the engine coolant temperature is high enough then the fans should run on high.

Hope this helps...
thanks we tried last night with the ac on high to get them running but they would never go to high i was just thinking on running them direct because the ac does not work right when the fans are just on low also

·
Administrator
7,040 Posts
The A/C has to be on, and the computer has to see a coolant temp above 180F for the system to set the fans to run on high.

If you have a scan tool that can read the coolant temp that might help, but if possible, get a bi-directional scan tool that can work through the CANBUS to tell the TIPM to turn the fans on and off and make troubleshooting easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts