Jeep Patriot Forums banner

2012 - Water Pooling under mat - Driver Side

8K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  miscrap 
#1 ·
Howdy Y'all,

Been lurking around here since i bought my Pat ~ a year ago. I was ->:pepper: but now I am :eek: ... I checked the AC Drain Pipe (I am going to clean it out again tonight). There floor mats get soaked but there is nothing else wet. I checked the door seals, rear roof panel, no sunroof, ac drain, everything and can't find this damn leak. When I squeeze the mats there is about 1-2 inches of water soaked into them. The water only occurs after rain but not every time. The dealer couldn't find it and since every dealer in the area says that there is no rental car available for my warranty I cannot figure out what the hell to do (I don't want to have to pay for another rental again $$$).

Anyone have any ideas?

#2 ·
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear.

Since you're having a hard time finding the leak and it occurs when it rains, you're going to have to get wet. I'd recommend you getting in and out or your Pat looking for the leak, easier said than done I know :(

Does it happen while washing your Pat?
Maybe try a drive in car wash at your local gas station and look for it?

#4 · (Edited)
Mine did that once..I never found the leak but I had parked backward from usual (the nose was a pointed little uphill rather than downhill). I've made sure not to park that way since and never had it happen again. Now this could be just coincidence, but I'm sticking with it till I see it leak again.
I thought maybe the windshield or something might have been leaking and running down to the floorboard since it had been totaled before but I sure didn't want to tear everything apart to find it...and my leak didn;t have standing water, I just noticed the wet carpet on the drivers floorboard after a big rain one night.

#5 ·
Possibly the weep holes in you driver side door are getting clogged? On some vehicles this can cause a leak when the water level rises high enough to reach the cut out behind the door card. I have a 2012. Maybe I should check under my mats!. Thanks for the heads up. Good Luck!

#6 ·
Pull back your carpet on the drivers side and just to the right of the gas pedal is a rubber grommet with a tube running the outside of the vehicle, it could be clogged or popped out of the grommet somehow.

It's the AC relief drain and that could be where the water is coming from.

#8 ·
I read a post on here this week, where someone had the same issue. After several times taking it to the dealer with no results, they finally found that the seam on the fire wall wasn't welded properly, causing the driver side floor to flood when it rained. Might be something else worth checking into. Good luck...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.