Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone I bought a 2012 patriot back in June and I was wondering if the manual was right that I use ATF + 4 fluid in the tranny and how often does it have to be changed
Tanks for your time

· Administrator
8,786 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome just wanted to made sure the fluid was correct type and I didn't see in the manual how often to change it that's about what I was thinking or a little less where I live in Maine there's a lot of hills or mountains. The wife has a 08 pat with almost 235,000 on it with the nasty cvt and the manual said to change that fluid every 120k I think that's quit a long time try to change the fluid and filters 30-50k. got into an agreement with our last mechanic when he changed the fluid and filter told me it only had one filter. hers needs work done to it and the fluid and filters changed and trying to find a mechanic to work on it is like a needle in a hay stack. from what I've seen a lot of mechanic's are getting out of it.

· Administrator
8,786 Posts
I am learning and ! been driving 2010 5 speed 120mi. I think about 60 be nice with shifts. It runs well!
I have no manual with my 2010. From what I have learned true about 60,000mi. And shift properly. I am happy w/5spd. Love It!
Welcome to the site, glad you're enjoying your Patriot.

If you need an owners manual, you can download one here:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts