Jeep Patriot Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Administrator
8,763 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2013 Jeep Compass except the horn also does not work. Only the cruise control buttons work. I tried disconnecting the battery for about an hour and nothing changed.
Sounds like the clock spring might be bad.

· Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
9,389 Posts
Did it work? Disconnecting the battery? Cause I have a 2016 jeep patriot high altitude and I have the same problem?
I'd check the fuses first. Disconnecting the battery second -- it is simple but you'll have to reset the radio presets afterwards. I think there was a clockspring recall for some Patriots. IYDK, the clockspring is the device that allows the steering wheel to turn while maintaining the electrical connections. Check with a dealer to see if it was done on yours. If you have your VIN, the Jeep website has a place to check for recalls: Lookup FCA Vehicle Recalls by VIN | Official Mopar® Site

· Registered
1 Posts
Only 60,256 miles, the same problems: steering wheel controls for audio and dash display failed to work (though cruise control works properly). I tried in vain to get things working again, finally I tried the HORN AGAIN and Everything started working....except the low fuel warning at 1/4 tank. No lamp warning, just the "Low Fuel" message on display. Fill it up with 10 Gallons and the message goes away..
anyone have these issues?????

21 - 26 of 26 Posts