Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where exactly are the stock tweeters located? Where do you recommend installing after market tweeters?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
My LAT had paper cones... no tweeters. I installed a set of after market speakers on day two.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
They look like this...

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
The rectangular cut outs in Mr. Murman's picture are defrost helpers, the tweeter locations are circular cut outs further forward.

You can just see the right hand one, below the A pillar.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Not entirely sure if those are tweeters I'll take another look in the morning but on my latitude it doesn't seem like anythings in there. I only notice sound coming from the four doors not my dash at all but I'll take a second look tomorrow and put it so the sound only plays to the front. I was wondering if there was any tweeters or if those were just vents.

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
You only get the tweeters up front if you buy the optional sound package that contains them.

They simply don't make two dash covers, so everyone has the cut outs, only those with the upgraded sound system actually have the mechanics inside.

·
Registered
350 Posts
You only get the tweeters up front if you buy the optional sound package that contains them.

They simply don't make two dash covers, so everyone has the cut outs, only those with the upgraded sound system actually have the mechanics inside.
Great to know then this does not apply to me haha. Atleast I know that's where their supposed to go if I wasn't so cheap haha:icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm guessing you gotta take the whole dash apart to fill those holes

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
If you don't have the upgraded sound, they are just peices of cardboard. And the panel is easy to take off, as described by Tyroneshoes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Is it "pre wired" if you did not buy the upgraded sound package?
If it already is or very easy to do I might do it soon. If someone that's already done this could let us know of it is that be great and really appreciated.

·
Not Sponsored
6,879 Posts
If I recall, there are wires there, but they do not work. They run to where the factory amp would be.

So you will have to run your own, but you should be able to tap into the door wires? Or atleast I think.
And you'll have to fade the front sound to -1 due to the increase in highs most likely.

Note: I haven't done this, just from what I've read on others.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Autoguide.com App

·
Registered
350 Posts
So just run the wires to the door speakers set it at -1 fade. I'll have to take a look if I do this I'll let everyone know

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Hmmm...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Its very easy. There is no wire to run in the door.

Remove a-pillar

remove grill piece

Fish a bit of speaker wire down and youll be able to pull it, comes down left and under of the steering wheel and right of glovebox.

I youre running components, put the passives under the seat and splice to the front speaker outputs in the radio harness and you have you mids all ran, then run separate tweeter runs

Easy install.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its very easy. There is no wire to run in the door.

Remove a-pillar

remove grill piece

Fish a bit of speaker wire down and youll be able to pull it, comes down left and under of the steering wheel and right of glovebox.

I youre running components, put the passives under the seat and splice to the front speaker outputs in the radio harness and you have you mids all ran, then run separate tweeter runs

Easy install.
Would the stock placement be best to install aftermarket tweeters?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts