Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure everyone is shocked to hear about a leaking jeep!

I hate to post yet another thread on the topic but I've read through about half the internet and had it in to three shops and I'm either going to lose my mind or my wife is going to divorce me.

2011 Jeep Patriot - bought it second hand from the original owner 6 months ago. 60,000 km on it, great condition. The three shops combined have been able to tell us that it's likely not the windshield and not much else. They don't think it's a door gasket. No sun roof.

So I'm going to give it a go myself and I figured maybe someone here could give me some pointers.

We went to go shopping a couple of weeks ago and I opened the back passenger side door and there was 2-3 inches of water in the back passenger seat floor area. Jeep is parked on an inclined driveway, nose up. So I bailed it out of course. Next day same thing, same amount of water. The carpet is wet up to the front seat area but not against the firewall, just the area in front of it.

No water anywhere on the roof. No water in the trunk/spare tire area. just the passenger side floor.

This is a new issue, it only just started (we live in BC and it rains constantly) and I do not believe they sold it to us with an issue they couldn't fix.

Any help at all is much appreciated. The first thing I am going to do is see if I can seal around the roof racks, but I don't really feel like that's the issue since there's no water anywhere other than the floor.

·
Administrator
5,830 Posts
Check the roof ditch seal:

Full leak detection guide here:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like a winner right off the bat.

As does the leak detection guide. Thank you very much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts