Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, JeepCares

I have a 2011 Jeep compass. The jeep is in excellent condition. My wife was driving home the other day and a rear cross member fell off.
I took it to my local garage and the sub frame looks like it was pulled from an ancient ship wreck.
I called my local Jeep dealer and they told me the extended warranty recall ended.
We still have a loan on this jeep and its in very good shape.

Is there anything you can do to help me? I don't mind paying for the parts , but I can't handle the labor.

Thank you in advance

·
Administrator
6,857 Posts
You can try contacting member JeepCares via PM/Conversations with your VIN and see if they can do anything, but unfortunately chances are you'll have to cover the costs out of pocket.

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
8,966 Posts
This is a problem for many of the Patriots, particularly those in rust-belt states. Maybe Jeepcares can help but your dealer is probably right -- the extended warranty was for 10 years.

Don't give up hope. I've seen prices for frame repair on this site running around $1400. Expensive, yes, but maybe not the end of your Patriot.

PS If that dealer has been servicing your Patriot right along, you might ask why this wasn't brought to your attention sooner. Rust doesn't corrode a frame overnight -- this has been eating away for months and years. For it to totally fail means whoever did your last state inspection didn't do a very good job of inspecting. Don't fall for the "it was OK when we inspected it" line for something like this.

·
Registered
349 Posts
2011 Jeep Compass? Look up the value of it. Might be better to just sell it to someone who can fix it themselves and resell it.

What’s screwing you over is that you are making payments on a older year. Makes it hard for you to just wash your hands. But it’s also a gift because since the car isn’t paid off, it shouldn’t matter much to you if you take on payments for another car.

If it was paid off, I’d say fix it. Since it’s not, I’d get it gone.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Hello, JeepCares

I have a 2011 Jeep compass. The jeep is in excellent condition. My wife was driving home the other day and a rear cross member fell off.
I took it to my local garage and the sub frame looks like it was pulled from an ancient ship wreck.
I called my local Jeep dealer and they told me the extended warranty recall ended.
We still have a loan on this jeep and its in very good shape.

Is there anything you can do to help me? I don't mind paying for the parts , but I can't handle the labor.

Thank you in advance
My ‘12 Patriot ship wreak looking crossmembers and some attached components were recently replaced under an extended warranty. That is good through December 2022. I sent personal message to JeepCares with their blessing brought my otherwise very good condition Patriot to a Jeep Dealership Service Department and the work was performed over a 3 day period. I received a warranty loaner car , late model Cherokee for that period. Unlike your wife - God bless her that she wasn’t injured or injured others , my Pat failed a bi annual safety inspection. I was told that approximately 3.5 K worth of parts were replaced on JEEP’s dime. About 8 hundred out of pocket for ancillary suspension parts attached to the front and rear crossmembers. I understood that 2007 - -2012 were covered by this warranty. As you were advised contact JEEPCARES and include your Vin #. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
My ‘12 Patriot ship wreak looking crossmembers and some attached components were recently replaced under an extended warranty. That is good through December 2022. I sent personal message to JeepCares with their blessing brought my otherwise very good condition Patriot to a Jeep Dealership Service Department and the work was performed over a 3 day period. I received a warranty loaner car , late model Cherokee for that period. Unlike your wife - God bless her that she wasn’t injured or injured others , my Pat failed a bi annual safety inspection. I was told that approximately 3.5 K worth of parts were replaced on JEEP’s dime. About 8 hundred out of pocket for ancillary suspension parts attached to the front and rear crossmembers. I understood that 2007 - -2012 were covered by this warranty. As you were advised contact JEEPCARES and include your Vin #. Good Luck!
Correction extended warranty is valid through Dec 2021

·
Registered
16 Posts
You did really well with $800 out of pocket. My 2010 was done under warranty, 3 days and $1400 out of pocket

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
You did really well with $800 out of pocket. My 2010 was done under warranty, 3 days and $1400 out of pocket
Jeep Cares informed me that I should expect to be responsible for some worn associated parts - maybe Jeep Dealers are not all on board with withholding labor charges for those associated worn parts as they must remove them to replace the crossmembers. That’s how I got a break on total - it was about 5 hundred initially, but I had to return for related work which cost a few more hundred a few weeks after the initial repair.

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
8,966 Posts
Jeep Cares informed me that I should expect to be responsible for some worn associated parts - maybe Jeep Dealers are not all on board with withholding labor charges for those associated worn parts as they must remove them to replace the crossmembers. That’s how I got a break on total - it was about 5 hundred initially, but I had to return for related work which cost a few more hundred a few weeks after the initial repair.
It's probably up to the dealer. If you're a regular customer they might take care of you. I had a leaky transmission gasket on my '08 Patriot. My dealer offered to change the filters for the cost of the parts while they were at it because Jeep was paying for everything else. Replacing the filters was incidental labor and they didn't charge me for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts