Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this hasn't been addressed somewhere already, just searched through the first couple of pages.

Any ways, just bought a 2011 Patriot the other day and would love to find a brush guard with driving lights pre-mounted. Seen a couple for the 2007-2009, but haven't seen hardly anything for the two newest models.

Are there big changes that would keep these from fitting?

Has anyone seen some out there. Looking for something that mounts with out any cutting or body work.

thanks,
SCHMjDT

·
2012 POTY
6,154 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Considering the fascia on the 2011 model is different from the previous years, I doubt any of the bull bars, nudge bars, safari bars, brush guards, etc will fit your vehicle. I have the 2010 model and as far as I know, there is no difference in the front end of my Patriot and the older models. However, I have been looking for a bully bar for mine and some websites show the bars fitting 07-09 models... I am guessing they did not update their site.

At this point, I think your best option is to find out where a particular bar mounts to on the Patriot and see if it will be possible for you to mount and get around the newly designed front fascia. Or if you are really desperate and wealthy, get one custom made lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I contacted the owner of the site i provided the second time, they can fit their guards to any year.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
I contacted the owner of the site i provided the second time, they can fit their guards to any year.
Their guard is the entire bumper.... eliminating the front fascia completely. Nice looking bumpers. I wonder how heavy they are

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Ken's guards are REALLY awesome, but it is pretty expensive. However, i think it is a good value for what you get... but then they have to be shipped and if you are not savvy with a wrench, you have to pay someone to mount it. I also do not remember if anyone came to a conclusion about the legal requirements for bumpers. There is a reason they are made of plastic nowadays...pedestrian safety. I think they should get out of my way! But you know I would have the unfair advantage of a high speed vehicle and several thousand pounds of force, lol.

I think if we got enough guys together for a group buy on these we could knock 'em down by 50 or 100 bucks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you're looking more for show than actual brush guard function, I got this one for like $250, It will definately wiggle a little if you push/pull on it, but I got it mainly for looks and if a parker slightly bumps it, they may hear it hit that before pushing it back into the bumper, which they would have hit anyway. It cam with the holes ready for the lights to be mounted.

As for the front end. The bumper fascia is updated, so if you have fogs, they will be blocked by this particular bar. It will not block tow hooks. The front ends would be interchangeable. The only differences are the bumper and the grill is slightly different in style but the same exact dimensions. I kept toggling back between two high res photos at the same angle of my 07 and an 11' and everything is exact. Remember that this is thier cheap jeep, and they got away with a slight update just in aesthetics, there's no way they're going to tinker with doing different structural stuff. i may be wrong but I just don't see it happening. All it's gonna take is one 07-09 owner to get into a fender bender and just get the front end instead.

Also, the reason why everything is listed for 07-09 is because they haven't updated their systems or actually done a test fit on a 10 or 11 to confirm the fit so therefore haven't taken the risk in saying they'd fit. I can't imagine the splash guards are different on the new years and that's what needs to be trimmed to fit the bars anyway, they'll all clear the bumper cause it didn't get any longer or potrude any further out.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
I wish the brush guard covered the front lights, out to the edge of the fenders. That's where the brush hits, not in the middle of the grill. They should call it a "light mount" not a brush guard. As it is it's sort of decorative, not practical IMHO.

I do see the bumper as a great option for folks with the FDI who want to add a skid plate. Although there are more than just that front one on FDII's, it would still be an option for those folks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So...I have good news and bad news gents...lol...apparently...many companies that I have emailed said there are production blueprints in work for the 2007- Patriots to have brush guards at prices I think we would all think is managable...however, anticipated dates look like 1-2 yrs away

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I think everyone one this site wants an aftermarket that has more to offer than adhesive chrome parts and dash-kits. I think the Patriot is a very popular model because of the price. But we are on this site because we love cars(more specifically, our Pats)and not every Patriot owner is a modder. Is it possible the aftermarket producers do not think there is a large enough market for them to produce parts for us? I don't see this problem with other vehicles. The JK had a huge assortment of stuff come out immediately upon its release. Camaros, Mustangs, and other types of high performance sports vehicles always have a lot to choose from as well.

I guess I just want to know why aftermarket parts producers do not think its worth their time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yea...talk about getting the shaft...hmm maybe AutoGuide.com could do something about this

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I got a front and back bumper from kennesaw mountain. Their about 100lbs for the front and 75lbs for the back. They are built very well. The wields are excellent.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Can you post some photos of your Patriot with those bumpers? Did you get the Wincher for the front? Did their skid plate replace the factory one? Gee, if it did you might be able to sell your other one here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts