Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

my jeep has had this lights come on suddenly. Took it to the mechanic and the readings after scanning the codes was that front passenger side and rear driver side sensors were failing. He tried erasing the codes and it wouldn't just let him do it. So, he removed the sensor and cleanned them and checked them for continuity and they were fine. he did mention that the failure could be then in the ABS module under the hood, but he did not have the diagrams to check it to be certain. How do we know for sure if this could be the cause? any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Sergio, The ABS codes on your patriot will automatically clear themselves when the problem is fixed, you can't clear them with a scan tool. I also have a 2011 and I've replaced 2 wheel sensors in the last 2 and half years. One was in the front and One was in the back but they went bad at different times. Each time i want to Oreilly's and replaced the sensor, they are not expensive and easy to replace.

If you search through the forum you will find that some people have had problems with the wiring that runs to the sensors but I've never heard of an ABS module going bad. But it is possible...

Let us know what you find.

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts
The codes can be reset with the right scanner.

For the Sensor Signal and Pump Motor faults, after the repair is made the ABM must sense all 4 wheels at 12 km/h (7.5 mph) before it will extinguish the ABS indicator.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hello all,

my jeep has had this lights come on suddenly. Took it to the mechanic and the readings after scanning the codes was that front passenger side and rear driver side sensors were failing. He tried erasing the codes and it wouldn't just let him do it. So, he removed the sensor and cleanned them and checked them for continuity and they were fine. he did mention that the failure could be then in the ABS module under the hood, but he did not have the diagrams to check it to be certain. How do we know for sure if this could be the cause? any help is appreciated.
Hello Sergio,
Given the findings of your dealer, you can certainly choose to visit a different local Jeep dealer for a second opinion. If you’re not familiar with any other dealers in your area, you can head to Find a Jeep Dealership Near You | Jeep and enter your ZIP code to find a dealer near you. If you see any dealerships that have received a Customer First award this means that this dealer has achieved the highest level of customer experience recognition in five core areas: people, facility, processes, customer metrics and training certification. If you need any additional assistance throughout this process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us privately.
Laura
JeepCares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts