Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I just bought a 2009 jeep patriot and I have changed out my deck and am looking to install my components. After reading around and inspecting the car a bit I realise there is the dash location. I cannot find any guides anywhere though that help with installing your own tweeters into them. Has anyone done this on the 2009 patriot or does anyone have a guide for this? I looked at the 2007/2008 installs but the dash has changed slightly. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
you might flush mount them in the dash (custom holes) in a manner that they reflect towards your ears off the windshield, this technique works
Uncontrolled sound (i.e. bouncing off a curved glass surface) is not desirable. I still say the best location for tweeters is the plastic panel on the doors, opposite of the side view mirrors. Get some that can be aimed, or angled towards the front passengers. They are also easier to install since you already have front channel speaker wire going to the doors.

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Forgive me on this, as I have not kept up with car stereos in a LONG time, but couldn't you just use 3 way speakers in the doors, rather than add a separate tweeter? Or even 2 way speakers, with the bass in the back?

·
Registered
219 Posts
If we're talking about hi-fi installation, tweeters should always be aimed directly to listener's ears. A-pillars and the "triangle" opposite the side mirrors are the most common solutions in car systems. On the dash can work as well, as long as the aiming is correct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys, thanks for all the comments. I already have the speakers with many different pods to place them in. Im going to possibly try them in a pod on the dash in the corner near to the A pillars. I dont want to start cutting holes in the A pillar. The plastic triangle is an option as I can buy replacements very cheap for that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah, right... That one had two sentences even but the point was just as constructive as other 61 replies... :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
2009 / 2010 wiring harness

Hi

I'm in the UK and want to fit an aftermarket stereo to my Patriot Sport 2009/2010 but cannot find a wiring harness anywhere on the web.

Can you guys be of any help?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey guys, thanks for all the comments. I already have the speakers with many different pods to place them in. Im going to possibly try them in a pod on the dash in the corner near to the A pillars. I dont want to start cutting holes in the A pillar. The plastic triangle is an option as I can buy replacements very cheap for that.
How did you go with the tweeter placement?
I am also looing for instructions on how to place tweeters in orig holes in the dash, has anyone got any feedback on how it sounds when the BA system has the Factory tweeter installed in the dash?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't have an '09, but I did put tweeters in the dash locations on mine. I just made some brackets to hold the speaker in place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts