Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Jeep Patriot
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am thinking of replacing the rotor and pads of my jeep patriot 2012 because I am hearing some squeaking/grinding noises in my brakes. I needed advice what is a good replacement. I have heard about geomet series has anyone tried it? Any suggestion or advice will be a great help thanks!

·
Registered
Patriot '09, 2,4 cvt 4wd
171 Posts
Hi! I am thinking of replacing the rotor and pads of my jeep patriot 2012 because I am hearing some squeaking/grinding noises in my brakes. I needed advice what is a good replacement. I have heard about geomet series has anyone tried it? Any suggestion or advice will be a great help thanks!
Brembo,
Bought a complete set (pads and rotors) for €180.
Replaced the lot (front side) in 20 minutes.

·
Administrator
6,467 Posts
Akebono pads and AC Delco rotors front and back.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Geomet is a highly respected brand of rotor anti rust coating, not a brake brand. On my front brake replacement about 2 years ago, I opted for EBC Ultimax II pads (OEM type friction) and their plain coated rotors (maybe Geomet). Most EBC rotors are marketed as made in the U.K., but that is questionable. The majority of all rotors are Chinese made, but there are a few U.S. offerings (Advic, I think). My EBC's have a GG friction rating, but they brake about the same as the OEM FF. The EBC's work fine and were $90 for rotors/pads, now they are $149.

Akebono pads are excellent. Our OEM pads are Akebono, but the aftermarket Akebono are completely different. On another site I visit, Raybestos Element 3 rotors and pads are getting a consensus of good to excellent reviews for performance and value (quality/price). Check Rock Auto. They are/would have been my second choice after the EBC.

Beware - ask 10 people, you will get 10 different opinions.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,397 Posts
I bought a kit from Detroit Axle that included 4 drilled & slotted rotors and ceramic pads for around $150 about 2 years ago. They've been excellent with no weird noises and good performance. Cant say it's any better performance than stock, as I don't drive like a maniac.

·
Registered
2012 Jeep Patriot
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update! Hi, experts thank you for all your recommendations. My cousin just gifted me from r1 ceramic pads and rotors and have it installed yesterday. Can't do anything about since it free 😅😁.Hope these will go smoothly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts