Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Patriot '09, 2,4 cvt 4wd
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Can some one help me out with a long dipstick for my 2009 Pat CVT.
On Amazon it's on backorder.
Preferable one with a temp and measure chart

·
Super Moderator
5,119 Posts
If you need a dipstick in a hurry, you might be able to use the engine oil dipstick; just mark/scribe the back of it in mm. On mine, it has to be pushed all most all the way down in the tube to reach the bottom of the trans pan and if I push farther I can feel it bend.

This is probably the best chart I've seen:

·
Registered
Patriot '09, 2,4 cvt 4wd
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you need a dipstick in a hurry, you might be able to use the engine oil dipstick; just mark/scribe the back of it in mm. On mine, it has to be pushed all most all the way down in the tube to reach the bottom of the trans pan and if I push farther I can feel it bend.

View attachment 92191
Ok, cheers. Will try that one.
Ordered a dipstick but it will be here somewhere in September ???

·
Super Moderator
5,119 Posts

·
Registered
Patriot '09, 2,4 cvt 4wd
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The oil level was low but was clear. I added a half liter.
Yep ordered a long dipstick on Amazon and it's being delivered by rowing boat or surfboard.
3 months delivery time.
Btw the Stealer (dealer) wanted to charge me 2,5 hours of labour to check the CVT level.
Idiots.

·
Super Moderator
5,119 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just bought a Dorman CVT Transmission dipstick last night from O’Reilly Auto Parts, in stock at my local store.

·
Registered
Patriot '09, 2,4 cvt 4wd
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had mine yesterday.
Think I'm going to pay the Stealer a visit to show them the dipstick.
2,5 hours labour for checking the level.
Idiots

·
Registered
25 Posts

View attachment 92191

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is that chart right? Because when I used the dipstick I got from Napa before doing a drain and fill ( cvt started whining) mine measured at about 65 .. I drained out a bout 6.5 quarts of cvt fluid and put the same ( Valvoline cvt fluid) amount back in

·
Super Moderator
5,119 Posts
If the only reason for the whine is high fluid level then I would expect it to stop when the level is corrected.

If you have an android device you can download this app for temp readings:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts