Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to fit an aftermarket NAV head unit. On a 2008 pat Limited with Bose audio system. I believe it's therefore an amplified system. But using a head unit wired for a 2009 - I don't believe there is any difference in wiring ?

Plan to use this product

Which will give the double DIN fascia , which is what the 2009 model has I am told, but I'm not sure?

And this head unit

Questions:

1. OEM mount brackets look same for 2009 but is there any reason the head unit might not fit ? Pics of 2009 then 2008 ... Mounts look same?

2. Anyone know if the wiring is different?
This is 2009 , but I don't have same for 2008...

3. Are the OEM harness connectors the same on 2008 as on 2009?

Reason I think wiring and harness are compatible is because this item is listed as 2006 to 2009 ...

4. Is the fascia on 2009 a Double DIN?

All help appreciated.

There is this specific option , and any double DIN will work, but £189 is ridiculous.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have a '14 Patriot, and I have this XTrons head unit:

I love it. Both the one that I have and the one that you want are the same size as the OEM radios. Because of that, you will not need the dash kit. You will need the newer fachia. Also, XTrons OEM specific head units like this will come with all of the wiring needed, so you won't need to purchase a harness either. However, mine does not support vehicles that have the factory Bose audio system.

I would recommend emailing or calling them to ask if the one you want will work with the Bose system.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I would need the OEM NAV dash but, I cannot get hold of one, so going to mod my dash to double DIN. There's akit for this from Metra

·
Registered
714 Posts
Thanks, but I would need the OEM NAV dash but, I cannot get hold of one, so going to mod my dash to double DIN. There's akit for this from Metra
In that case, I don't think that the radio that you mentioned above will work for you. A standard double DIN radio is 180mm wide x 100mm tall. That XTrons unit is 207mm wide x 97mm tall.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In that case, I don't think that the radio that you mentioned above will work for you. A standard double DIN radio is 180mm wide x 100mm tall. That XTrons unit is 207mm wide x 97mm tall.
Agreed , thank you for helping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts