Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Jeep Patriot

Models: Sport and Limited

Production Start: July 23, 2007 (2007 production ends July 13th)

Powertrains:

2.0L I-4 DOHC 16V VVT Continuously variable with AutoStick (Sport models only, optional)
2.4L I-4 DOHC 16V VVT Five-speed manual
2.4L I-4 DOHC 16V VVT Continuously variable with AutoStick
2.4L I-4 DOHC 16V VVT Continuously variable with low-range feature

New Features:

Air conditioning - Now Standard on base model (Sport)

Full-size spare tire added to Trailer Tow Prep Group

SIRIUS Satellite Radio added to Premium Sound Group

UConnect Hands-Free Communication System added to Security and Cargo Convenience Group

Speed control - Now Standard on base model (Sport)

Rearview auto-dimming mirror - Optional on Sport, Standard on Limited

HomeLink Universal Transceiver - Optional on Sport "E", Standard on Limited

Tire Pressure Monitoring warning - Standard on Sport model

Vehicle Information Center - Optional on Sport, Standard on Limited

Light Khaki exterior paint available with Beige and Gray interior

Navigation Radio:

Model REC, same as 2007

Exterior Colors

Bright Silver Metallic
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl (replaces Black)
Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Jeep Green Metallic
Light Khaki Metallic
Steel Blue Metallic
Stone White
Sunburst Orange Pearl
Surf Blue Pearl (replaces Marine Blue)

Interior Colors:

Pastel Slate Gray/Dark Slate Gray Vinyl Tech
Pastel Pebble Beige/Dark Pebble Beige Vinyl Tech
Dark Slate Gray Premium Cloth
Dark Pebble Beige Premium Cloth
Dark Slate Gray Leather Trim
Pastel Pebble Beige/Dark Pebble Beige Leather Trim

Option Packages:

Premium Sound Group - Includes 458 watts of power, nine speakers with subwoofer and two flip-down liftgate speakers, SIRIUS® Satellite Radio and leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls

Security and Cargo Convenience Group - Includes rearview auto-dimming mirror, Vehicle Information Center, HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, Tire Pressure Monitoring Display, soft tonneau cover, security alarm, adjustable roof rail crossbars (includes UConnect on Limited)

Smoker’s Group - Includes removable ashtray, cigar lighter

Trailer Tow Prep Group - Includes full-size spare, engine oil cooler and trailer tow wiring harness

--Milous & RS--

·
Registered
85 Posts
How about info for Canada...pleeaaase!

Great information to have (next...pricing?).

Good thing to have the AutoStick available. Now does anyone know how this will translate for Canada, as we have a Sport, North and Limited model?

I seem to know more than I can find out at dealerships (hey, it's all here for everyone to see!). Flustrating...velly flustrating..

I'm on the verge of getting an 07 (it's late, but never too late to wait for 08s), but I might consider ordering exactly what I want. (tell me what you want, what you really really want... :pepper: )

Decisions, decisions....and having to wait!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looks to me like prices might take a good swing higher. A lot of what used to be optional on the 2007 are now standard. Jeep isn't going to eat the costs associated with those features.

·
Registered
97 Posts
They might eat the costs IF they can sell every one that they make without having to tack on a $1000 to $4500 rebate on the vehicle in order to move it. Perhaps it is a marketing move? Who knows?

BTW - Isn't AC is almost standard in the industry now for passenger vehicles? (not pick-up trucks).

·
Registered
217 Posts
BTW - Isn't AC is almost standard in the industry now for passenger vehicles? (not pick-up trucks).

I think so. But Jeep has always been different. They (for the most part) let you pick and choose your options. I remember in the past you could opt out of having a back seat in the Wranglers.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looks to me like prices might take a good swing higher. A lot of what used to be optional on the 2007 are now standard. Jeep isn't going to eat the costs associated with those features.
Absolutely.
Manufacturers typically introduce a new model at a lower-than-usual pricing structure as an enticement for people to buy it since some are a bit timid about buying a first year model. But as word-of-mouth spreads, positive professional reviews published, and mechanic reports are made available, momentum for the new model takes over.

Considering how quickly Patriots are selling now, and the rising price of gas, Patriots are going to be in even greater demand.

I'd be surprised if prices stayed the same or rose only slightly ($500 or so).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rear Drum Brakes for 2008

I spec'd out an order for a 2008 Patriot. Spec sheet listed rear brakes as drum. 2007 had disc brakes all around. I'm not impressed.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Drum Brakes..

What is the reason Mfg's use Drum brakes? Why would Jeep go from Disc to Drum in the rear? Is it to reduce cost, or is there another reason?

Update: I found the answer to my question:
"Occasionally, however, as in the case of the 1999 Mazda Protege's, a manufacturer will revert from a previous four-wheel disc setup to drum brakes for the rear of the car in order to cut both production costs and purchase price."

·
Registered
40 Posts
My dealer said the 08 Sport was 4 wheel disk and their computer showed the same. Also, no option for rear disk which seems to confirm the same. Perhaps they changed their mind back to 4 wheel disk.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
This explains why my dealer could not find the U-connect on the PAT when I ordered mine as an optional. I guess they decided to make it standard. Thanks..

I think Jeep will just eat a good portion of the cost of making all these options standard. With Jeeps sales up 20%, I don't think they will care.

·
~RIOT*GRRL~
1,217 Posts
Sorry if this is a silly question, but could a sunroof be added to the Sport or is it only a feature for the Limited package? :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts