Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(2008 auto north edition 2.0) Left turn signal flashes normal for 3-4 flashes then a ding rings out and flashes goes very fast and gets dim. Front and back work then if you turn on hedlights the front left goes out completely. The right side works as it should. I am a decent back yard mechanic however wiring not so much. I didput new bulbs front and back on the problem side. Any help would be great ,did tons of searching with no real answer.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Note sure if this will help, but here's the cause and correction list from one of the manuals:

Wiring diagram:

Ground for the left side turn signal is G111-G112:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI, thank you for the reply. I missed the g111 112 ground when hunting under hood. I did give up and took it to A auto electrician he said that ground is ushally it when it does what mine was doing. He only had it few hours called left message it was done. I will post back up what he did so it may help others in the future once I get it back in the morning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similar problem. Tried everything and went to a good mechanic. Still kept happening. Finally took it to a Jeep dealership. They found that the multi-function unit in the steering wheel assembly was defective. They replaced it and problem solved.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I had a similar problem. Tried everything and went to a good mechanic. Still kept happening. Finally took it to a Jeep dealership. They found that the multi-function unit in the steering wheel assembly was defective. They replaced it and problem solved.
Hello Vonharb,
We are happy to hear your concern has been remedied with the assistance of your dealer. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out. We're always happy to assist.
Laura
JeepCares

1 - 6 of 6 Posts