Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago my jeep started having an issue not going past 4000 rpm while accelerating. It was kinda important that it went over 4000 rpm cause it was almost impossible to get on a high way. Only cause you couldn't get to speed quick enough. Now the issue when it first started only happend every now and then. Turn the car off and back on and the problem is gone. But after a while it just stopped fixing the issue. Because of the issue my jeep lost value and was a really bad selling point. But was still drivable so I stopped caring. And just never went above 4000 rpm. Well yesterday I wanted to try something. I put it in 4wd and for the first time in a year the car went above 4000 rpm. It felt good to feel all the horses again. I want the problem to just be gone now. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? It's not a very common vehicle at all because its manual. But they did make a lot of Patriots

·
Registered
10 Posts
Never heard of this issue. I would maybe disconnect the battery overnight to do a hard reset and let the computer relearn some things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does it throw any codes? My GF had that same issue with hers for a bit. I found Crankshaft Sensor Circuit & Cylinder timing faults and replaced the CKP sensor but I never could figure out the relearn procedure... Anyway, long story short I used a basic OBD sensor to clear the CEL codes and it allowed us to accelerate beyond the weird 2500rpm limit it stunted ours at. You're describing something I vaguely remember a few months ago and its been a wild ride trying to solve it since, but i'll help you with whatever info I can share in our experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts