Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My name is Raymond. I am going tonight to look at a 2007 Patriot with 94,000 miles. It has the 5 speed. The gentleman is asking $5,500. Does anyone know if this is a good deal?
What should I look out for? etc.
2 years ago he replaced the tranny and the clutch.

I need a daily driver that I can use to get me around in the winter. Want something more like a truck but that is decent on gas. I am moving up from a 2 door 98 beamer. Never had a Jeep but I have always wanted one.

I live on Long Island in NY

Attachments

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Bad price. Trade in is $2200-3100, Private party is $4500. I wouldn't pay more than 3500, but there is a hole in the driver's seat, so it was probably smoked in, so I probably wouldn't pay more than $3000 and use the $100 to pay to get it cleaned properly. I got my numbers from KBB and used my zip code. Vehicle prices vary by location, but not too much.

Part of the problem is used car prices have plummeted. Sub prime lending has gone way up in the last 6 months, and so a lot of people who couldn't buy a new car in the last 6 years are starting to buy new cars, and their used cars are flooding the market, and driving prices down. My alero I bought at the beginning of the summer, for, what at the time was a great price, is now worth almost a grand less than what I paid for it. Great for used car buyers, but not so great for used car sellers, but some of the sellers are keeping their prices high, but those cars won't sell.

·
8,348 Posts
I think $5500 is high considering you can get a brand new one for $20K+/-. In spectacular condition $3500 would be OK. Remember, that's his asking price. Offer him half and let him talk you up to $3500. For a couple bucks you can pick up a blue book and show it to him. Replacing the tranny seems very premature. What had he done to deserve that? Towed? Plowed? Raced? He's probably trying to recoup his losses and selling it for what the repairs cost him.

On the other hand, those parts shouldn't fail again for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts