Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently i was on the road and all my indicators started flashing so i proceeded to my location and turned the car off, when i returned to the vehicle it wouldn't turn over called AAA the guy told me its probably the alternator so i got a 115 amp alternator and had a friend put it in rather than pay the 600 dollars i was quoted for. New alternator was installed and the only light that remained on was the battery light, took it to auto zone the check the old alternator and it was bad and also checked my battery and said it was good to go as i proceeded to leave the indicators started flashing again and the car was acting like it didnt want to move when i pressed the gas pedal, I was told i needed to take it to a jeep dealership to have the computer rebooted but before that could happen i drove it home and parked it and it continually make a clicking noise and by morning it was completely dead. I need help PLEASE!!

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
does it start with a jump?
if not, could be alternator or starter,
on mine alternator and starter happened to go out together,
a click and not turning anything could be bad starter,
check for loose connection on starter/solenoid, tough to access but doable, will get a few scrapes on your hand squeezing in,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it starts with a jump but when i cut it off there's a clicking sound coming from the alternator area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts