Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering does anyone know anywhere I could get the Custom faceplate needed to put an Aftermarket CD Player in?

I can't find them anywhere with Google. Or is it recommended to just keep the stock head unit and get that converter thing for it?

I plan on putting 2 12" Subwoofers and Amp inside of the Jeep so I don't know if the stock head unit would be a better choice.

I plan on getting it all professionally installed either way so I need to find the head unit piece if I go the aftermarket cd player route to speed up installation.

Also if I do get an aftermarket cd player, will my steering wheel volume controls no longer work?

·
Registered
397 Posts
The installer should have all of that stuff you just need to be ready to pay for it!! It will need a plug in adapter (not cheap)antenna adapter and faceplate

·
Registered
62 Posts
That sure tells me a lot..

That's like sending your wife to the store to get you some Compatible Memory for your PC and just telling her to head to Officemax and not actually telling her what she is actually suppose to be looking for. :doh:
Go to the section that says outfit my car. Put in all of the info on your ride and you'll see everything they have that fits. You get the wiring harness and adaptors free when you buy a receiver from them. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you guys :)

I just wish there was one that didn't make me lose that cubby hole thing in the dash :(

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thank you guys :)

I just wish there was one that didn't make me lose that cubby hole thing in the dash :(
I still have it in mine with an aftermarket head unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Watch out on Patriots with the Boston Acoustics package. I bought a new Pioneer set off of Crutchfield thinking I could handle it myself. Totally wrong. What Crutchfield sent me as an adapter (that could restore functions to the volume/back-next channel/track control) was wrong. I took it to Best Buy's Geek Squad and found out that my amp to my sub was burnt out and that my adapter was not truly the right one for my vehicle (they don't make commission there, so I believe the guy). Either wire was fried or the amp itself. Nothing against Crutchfield, as the Best Buy associate advised me, but some things are best left to installation guys. I'm one week in with my new dash sitting in the back seat waiting to be installed on this account. Be ready to be a soldering pro if you take on such a task. Crutchfield says they have a manual to lead you from A to Z, but it's more like A to M.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts