Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 Jeep Patriot 2 x 4 is running super high RPMs in low going 60 miles an hour what rpm should I be at in low going 60 miles per hour in my Jeep Patriot?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know my rpm should be higher in low then in Drive but I pulled a car with a car dolly in low through the mountains and now it feels like when I put it in low the RPMs are way higher like I'm missing a gear can somebody tell me how high the rpms are supposed to be going 60 in low?

·
Super Moderator
4,158 Posts
I know my rpm should be higher in low then in Drive but I pulled a car with a car dolly in low through the mountains and now it feels like when I put it in low the RPMs are way higher like I'm missing a gear can somebody tell me how high the rpms are supposed to be going 60 in low?
I've never driven mine in low to 60mph, probably few have. But maybe someone will chime in.

You've already said it's "way higher" than it was before so something has changed.

The maximum on towing is 2000lbs, so if the car and dolly were more than that then the transmission may be damaged.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
My 2007 Jeep Patriot 2 x 4 is running super high RPMs in low going 60 miles an hour what rpm should I be at in low going 60 miles per hour in my Jeep Patriot?
I've never driven mine in low to 60mph, probably few have. But maybe someone will chime in.

You've already said it's "way higher" than it was before so something has changed.

The maximum on towing is 2000lbs, so if the car and dolly were more than that then the transmission may be damaged.
Maximum towing of 2000lbs is brought to you by the same company that states cvt transmission service at 60,000 miles way late !! Me personally i would not tow anything with a jeep patriot with cvt knowing what i know from this website.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so at 60 mph in low my jeep is at 4500 rpms.. my wife said it's the same as before.. no I dont regularly drive 60 mph in low.. I was just seeing if anything was messed up but I guess unless someone tells me different I think ok.. the car I towed only weighed 1500 pounds and the car dolly only weighs 150 lb to 200 pounds Max.. so no it was not over 2000 pounds...

·
Registered
993 Posts
I don't know anything about the CVT's in the 2007 Pats. Maybe they have an adaptive "learning" algorithm that changed during your towing? Maybe try unhooking your battery for a half hour or so to set everything back to the default settings and it will relearn your driving pattern? Just a guess here.

Here's just one of many threads on resetting the CVT/ECU: https://www.jeeppatriot.com/threads/ecu-re-learn-procedure-without-disconnecting-battery.42689/

Google Search: https://www.google.com/search?q=jeep+patriot+cvt+reset+site:www.jeeppatriot.com&client=firefox-b-1-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiY_qugn-_lAhUBMqwKHa8IAccQrQIoBDAAegQIARAN&biw=1920&bih=944

1 - 8 of 8 Posts