Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 2007 patriot I bought new 8-28-07 has joined the 200, 000 mile club. Overall still the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have replaced 3 sets of tires on set 4 right now, 1 brake job, 1 set of struts, 2 sets of sway bar end link's, 1 wheel hub and cv joint, 1 altenator, 1 timing seal, 1 intake manifold and numerous oil changes. Overall I must say im very happy with my patriot and I hope to see another 200, 000 from her.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think you missed the most important part. Still on the original CVT..:).

What's your maintenance schedule for the CVT?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Details on the CVT?

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Original lca joints and orignal cvt. So I'm not sure about everyone complaing about the cvt cause I have no issues. And I'm not going to discuss maintenance on a public forum but lets just say I go by the book to keep my lifetime warranty intact

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe so but its also what keeps my mpgs where I want and it always has power when needed.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a quick shot after i gave her full clay wax and detail.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Maybe so but its also what keeps my mpgs where I want and it always has power when needed.
I agree with you! But the 4cylinder with a CVT transmission sounds a little different than my GMC Sierra did. Although, I don't miss the 14 miles to the gallon I was getting...

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still have my 04 avalanche 4x4 with a 496 big block and it gets 10 mpg. My patriot still gets 27-30 all the time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive got my patriot sitting around 242,500 miles and shes still going strong ish... i have however replaces the AC pump, Front main seal, Struts all around, Spark plugs, Sway bar linkages in the front, and the power steering
rack as well as the return hose... (all within the last 3 years)

·
Super Moderator
8,717 Posts
ive got my patriot sitting around 242,500 miles and shes still going strong ish... i have however replaces the AC pump, Front main seal, Struts all around, Spark plugs, Sway bar linkages in the front, and the power steering
rack as well as the return hose... (all within the last 3 years)
Is is a CVT and if so, is it the original CVT?

·
Super Moderator
8,717 Posts
Im not quite sure what you mean
A lot of people have not had good luck with the CVT transmission. I think the root of the problem is that the CVT requires more frequent maintenance than the schedule in the owners manual. My first CVT didn't make it to the first scheduled service. Typically I suggest that people change the fluid and filters twice as often.

So when I see someone that has had good luck with their transmission, I like to be sure everyone knows. Really, I think most people are happy with their Patriots, but forums like this attract people with problems.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts