Jeep Patriot Forums banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, just hit 250,00k on my 08 Patriot. running top notch. Replaced my intake system and so far only major work done besides cosmetic upgrades. Bought the unit for the X, the and then one day she calls and says she doesn't want it anymore. Been up grading it ever since, love this thing!

Cheers,

Attachments

·
8,307 Posts
Hey everyone, just hit 250,00k on my 08 Patriot. running top notch. Replaced my intake system and so far only major work done besides cosmetic upgrades. Bought the unit for the X, the and then one day she calls and says she doesn't want it anymore. Been up grading it ever since, love this thing!

Cheers,
Congratulations!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Congrats to the 3 new members of the 200,000 mile club.
It's interesting to see what mechanical issues arise in that many miles.
My biggest issues have been 2 manual transmission replacements done under my lifetime added care plus warranty but I've had several other less major issues.
At 250 I just picked mine back up from a premature clutch failure at 60,000 miles. My other clutches were replaced when I had the transmissions installed at no labor charge so I haven't had a clutch failure yet until now.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
am at 213k on my 07 fdII
this summer recently had new engine installed under lifetime warranty zero cost to me

·
Registered
193 Posts

Cheers,
I see you are in Ontario. Is that 250,000 Kilometers or miles?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for the delay, life got in the way... :)
kilometers

Reactions: Sdsjeep2008

·
8,307 Posts
If you hadn't heard I sold my beloved 2008 Patriot (c280,000 miles) over the summer. However, Wifey's Patriot is now 1/2 way to joining the 200,000 mile club! "Bullwinkle" just had its first repair last week -- front brakes -- and it passed state inspection yesterday. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did 236 miles (380.000 km) with my 2018 diesel so far. From that total we drove about 40.000 km with a tenttrailer (750 kg). The gearbox just crashed during our holiday in Norway and will be refurbished.

·
8,307 Posts
I did 236 miles (380.000 km) with my 2018 diesel so far. From that total we drove about 40.000 km with a tenttrailer (750 kg). The gearbox just crashed during our holiday in Norway and will be refurbished.
Nice accomplishment!

I'm just curious. What transmission came with the diesel? Was it truly a gearbox or was it the CVT?

·
Mopar or no car!!!
1,719 Posts
my 2013 just hit 181k miles so I will be joining the club soon as long as nothing major goes wrong. Wish me luck!!

Reactions: RonD and Sandstone

·
Super Moderator
5,421 Posts
my 2013 just hit 181k miles so I will be joining the club soon as long as nothing major goes wrong. Wish me luck!!
Good luck and keep us posted!

PS. Still on the original CVT and running Amsoil?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yesterday I hit the 200,000 mile milestone on my way home from work. I wonder how many others have hit this with their Patriot. If might be worth putting a sticky up if an admin wants to.

I've had mine on the road since Nov. of 2010 so not quite 6 years and almost every mile has been put on going up and down a mountain pass in Colorado. It's all highway mileage but it's tough highway mileage especially in the winter months. I'm on my 3rd transmission without around 30,000 miles on it and I went through a period of several weeks being in and out of the dealership as they tried to diagnose what ended up being an electrical problem with the wiring harness. I bought the added care plus warranty when I purchased the Patriot so I can't complain too much about the repairs. Jeep warranty has stood behind anything that's gone wrong with it. This is a great vehicle in the snow, gets great gas mileage and the engine is super durable. At this point I'm keeping it for as long as it last and I could easily see getting 300,000 out of it.
I've been impressed enough with the Patriot that I purchased a loaded Cherokee Trailhawk at the end of July. I still plan on using the Patriot for my 100 mile round trip commute on most days but I'll drive the Cherokee enough that the miles will rack up a little slower on the Patriot now.

Anyone else want to chime in on their 200k experience? View attachment 69097
THIRD transmission? I have had at least 60 cars and trucks and never changed one. Now I have a patriot with the crap jatco. Unless you had warranty those three units would have bought you a car with a REAL proven gear transmission - as patriot puts in now except on trail rated units

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I'm at almost 270,000 miles and had my third transmission replacement s I'm on my 4th now. They were all new replacements, no rebuilds or used all due to internal main start bearing failure and all replaced under my lifetime warranty. You're correct that these would have exceeded the cost of a new vehicle and I would have never gone past the first replacement without the Warranty.
The Patriot has a solid dependable engine but terrible transmissions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Haven't reached that 2 yet but I've had my Patriot since 2012 (7 years) and finally hit 60,000.

·
8,307 Posts
Haven't reached that 2 yet but I've had my Patriot since 2012 (7 years) and finally hit 60,000.
9,000/year? You don't get out much, do you? You may eventually win the longevity award! :)

I'm at almost 270,000 miles and had my third transmission replacement s I'm on my 4th now. They were all new replacements, no rebuilds or used all due to internal main start bearing failure and all replaced under my lifetime warranty. You're correct that these would have exceeded the cost of a new vehicle and I would have never gone past the first replacement without the Warranty.
The Patriot has a solid dependable engine but terrible transmissions.
I had two CVTs fail, the first was the main bearing (at 110,000) the second was a slipping belt (at 270,000). Aside from that my Patriot was pretty durable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hit 200,000 earlier this month. Im currently at 203,xxx. Im not the 1st owner. I bought it June 29, 2018 with a tad under 122k but i have all the records starting with the 1st oil change and according to those records its on its 2nd transmission. The 1st one was replaced at 108,921. I have the T355 5 speed manual.

image.jpg

·
Registered
222 Posts
I originally posted on here three years ago and just wanted to give an update. My 2008 (bought in 2007) is still running fine with the original CVT and engine with about 190,000 miles.

Outside of regular maintenance, it's needed very little over the years. Off the top of my head -- Four wheel bearings, lower control arms, a Flow Control Valve Actuator, alternator, oil pan seal, and a throttle body. It also throws an occasional catalyst efficiency code about once or twice a year that I've been too lazy/cheap to deal with.

I should be hitting the 200,000 mile club in the next year or so.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts