Jeep Patriot Forums banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm going to slowly slink away......I thought 88,888 miles in 14 months on my 2016 was good. I've got a long ways to go. I'll come back in 18 months.

sheepishly walks away with his tail between his legs

Is that “Philip the Jeep” lol....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
8,307 Posts
I'm going to slowly slink away......I thought 88,888 miles in 14 months on my 2016 was good. I've got a long ways to go. I'll come back in 18 months.

sheepishly walks away with his tail between his legs
No need to be so humble. You're catching up fast. At the rate you're going you'll be to 200,000 in 2 more years. I hope you're still as happy with your Patriot then as now. :smile2:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I joined the club as of Thursday April 5th 2018.

2007 Jeep Patriot 4x4 (off road)

Issues: yeah, although no major problems like the powertrain. A lot of minor issues, which I list below:

- Exhaust manifold/catalytic converter at ~ 185k
- alternator (preemptive due to whining sound)
- approx 6 motor mounts (a weak point on the Pat?!)
- struts and shocks
- crankshaft position sensor (~ 197k)
- the leaking sunroof (replaced seal, but issue never resolved)
- stereo control buttons on steering wheel
- stereo's NAV quit reading the map DVD; hence, no more NAV (does anyone know of a solution?)

It's also gotten very loud, but I think this is a common issue with older vehicles.

What's cool though is the how the engine and tranny are going strong, the A/C's never needed recharging, electrical's all good, etc. Still very capable over rough terrain (desert).

·
8,307 Posts
I joined the club as of Thursday April 5th 2018.

2007 Jeep Patriot 4x4 (off road)

Issues: yeah, although no major problems like the powertrain. A lot of minor issues, which I list below:

- Exhaust manifold/catalytic converter at ~ 185k
- alternator (preemptive due to whining sound)
- approx 6 motor mounts (a weak point on the Pat?!)
- struts and shocks
- crankshaft position sensor (~ 197k)
- the leaking sunroof (replaced seal, but issue never resolved)
- stereo control buttons on steering wheel
- stereo's NAV quit reading the map DVD; hence, no more NAV (does anyone know of a solution?)

It's also gotten very loud, but I think this is a common issue with older vehicles.

What's cool though is the how the engine and tranny are going strong, the A/C's never needed recharging, electrical's all good, etc. Still very capable over rough terrain (desert).
Congratulations! I'm impressed you've had not drivetrain problems.
However, I'm amazed that my catcon is still original, as are my motor mounts.
I don't have a sunroof, so no problems there.
My radio is the basic, no NAV, only problem is one of the lights went out.
No problem with the crankshaft sensor (or any sensors to this point).

Hope your Patriot continues to serve you well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is that “Philip the Jeep” lol....
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't get on here much, but yes it is - the one and only #PhilipTheJeep. He's at 110000 miles now - and just getting his first brake job :surprise: I love this little #NotARealJeep Jeep.

·
8,307 Posts
For those of you who've replaced CVTs, how much does that cost to have done?
I've had my CVT replaced twice:
First time at 110,000 miles
Second time at 273,000 miles
Both my repairs were free under the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had my CVT replaced twice:
First time at 110,000 miles
Second time at 273,000 miles
Both my repairs were free under the lifetime warranty.
To bad Nissan didn't honor their own CVT in their cars. My wife's Cubes CVT failed at 132000 and we were SOL. After all they made this CVT.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 Jeep Patriot 4x4 " North" edition. Original CVT transmission, 2.4 engine has noisy lifters, but has 204,000 miles on it.
Still runs, so will keep driving her till she stops. We have 3 Patriots in the family . 2008, 2012 and 2014. The 2014 has the 6 speed tranny and I like the CVT's on the others better. Especially when off road.

·
Super Moderator
5,421 Posts
2008 Jeep Patriot 4x4 " North" edition. Original CVT transmission, 2.4 engine has noisy lifters, but has 204,000 miles on it.
Still runs, so will keep driving her till she stops. We have 3 Patriots in the family . 2008, 2012 and 2014. The 2014 has the 6 speed tranny and I like the CVT's on the others better. Especially when off road.
Do either of your older models have the trail-rated gearing?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Having to put 3 trannys in it sort of ruins any celebration of 200,000 miles on it. And all of it freeway miles to boot? What did it cost you for the three trannys?

·
Registered
121 Posts
how do you drive to get that kind of miles on it is so little time?

·
8,307 Posts
nordraw, to whom were you addressing your questions?
If me, I've only replaced two transmission, not three.
Neither cost me anything -- both were covered under warranty.

Frankly I was surprised they put in the second tranny. Over 270,000 miles, I figured they'd try to buy me out of the vehicle by offering me the value of the repair as a rebate toward something new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't understand the celebration here.

Seems most Patriots need a new transmission after 80-100k miles. Any vehicle will "run forever" if you keep throwing transmissions and engines in it. Not to be rude, but this thread should be called "Jeep Patriot 'Body' with 200,000 miles club".

I have a 2010 and have done nothing but light driving. Short weekend road trips. Only 43k miles.

Already I have had:

Fuel system issues.

Both lower ball-joints fail.

Strut mounts fail.

Sway bar links fail.

Engine mounts are going.

And now the CVT is acting weird. I'm losing power on hills (high RPM's and losing speed). Thing starts to whine when I drive for more than an hour on days over 75 degrees. Jerking AKA 'engine breaking" getting worse. Does not feel natural. its like someone is slamming on the breaks.

I'm sorry, but the patriot is a POS. I wanted to love this thing, but besides the looks and the Jeep name tag, its miles behind competition. Yes, its cheaper, but not that much cheaper. (actually more expensive when dumping work into it nonstop)

This car was made to be disposable. Use it, abuse it, dump it. They put in the cheapest parts they had knowing it wouldn't last long. But the sold a bunch of them and then discontinued it. Well played.

·
Registered
813 Posts
my 2013 4x4 5spd has 74k miles and nothing major went bad. only things so far is the throttle body. replaced under my lifetime warranty.

i have been on some bumpy mountain roads with it and it's held up fine- granted, i go very slow over that stuff.

still drives and runs like new.

perhaps you drove it harder than u thought?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll hit 200k this month on a 07 Limited 5-speed manual (one of the first 500 to come off the line). Bought with 9 miles. I've been fortunate.

2x alternators replaced
2x AC compressors replaced
CV failures (both at varying intervals)
1x continuous sensor since 2008
1x extremely dirty throttle body
1x 8-point buck KIA

Original engine and transmission

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am at 145,000 on my 2014 Patriot Sport with a manual transmission. Here's the recap:

* On my third set of tires;
* Still on the original brakes;
* Due for a new front wheel bearing;
* Due for transmission flush (4th gear a little rough).

That's it.

I have owned a mix of vehicles - Wrangler, Compass, Renegade, Dakota, a Subaru and three Hondas. I have to say that my Patriot has been more like the Subaru and Honda. My Dakota had suspension issues, my Wrangler should have been put down before it left the factory, the Renegade made it 6 months and went right back to the dealership. I don't see it as disposable; it's just very easy to work on and the parts are inexpensive and easy to find.

And, when I only paid $20,000 for it brand new, I really can't have the same quality expectations as I would with a $75,000 Lexus. But, I have been pleasantly surprised and I really did get a great value.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts