Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I turn the a/c on both fans work, otherwise they won’t kick on. I changed the temp sensor, relays and finally the thermostats because I’m thinking there is too much pressure in the radiator hoses. Could the core be clogged? Bad ground?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I turn the a/c on both fans work, otherwise they won’t kick on. I changed the temp sensor, relays and finally the thermostats because I’m thinking there is too much pressure in the radiator hoses. Could the core be clogged? Bad ground?
You didn't mention it specifically, but is it overheating?
Yes

· Administrator
8,786 Posts
Also, the fans are working, but only on a/c, is there a possibility that the fans/fan motors could be defective on medium or high settings
One way to test it is with a bi-directional scanner or an app like AlfaOBD or Jscan that can work through the bus to tell the TIPM to turn the fans on and off, and also to check for any fan related error codes.

More info on fan operation below:

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Rectangle

You might also check fuses 33 and 15.

Rectangle Slope Font Schematic Parallel

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Hi! If you continue to experience concerns, we suggest a dealership visit. Let us know if you need any support while there.

Kate
Jeep Cares

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I definitely did not find any other temp sensor, even though my 8th vin is B, I had the thermostat housing off and didn’t see what your diagrams show, I’ll look again. I did pull a relay while the car was running and when I pulled one of them the car killed, don’t know what that means...any thoughts

· Registered
6 Posts
Also, the fans are working, but only on a/c, is there a possibility that the fans/fan motors could be defective on medium or high settings
I have found fans not working in the medium or high setting is due to carbon buildup on the brass band/plate that the prong or needle (connected to the dial) makes contact with. Clean off the carbon and the fan resumes working at all speeds. You’ll have to pull the housing for the climate control center off but it’s easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts