Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have just bought a Startech SD3 kit for a very attractive £100.00. It requires a connection to the boost pressure sensor. Can anyone tell me where it is on the diesel and how you get to it? Many Thanks

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
it should be plug and play,meaning it should plug into the vehicle's plug.
thjat should be on the right side of the engine,as you look at it.
you have to remove the engine cover.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Yes its all 'plug n play' but as its the startech version its comprises of the SD3 Control unit and Injector driver module plus there is an additional Male/female connection to the Boost pressure sensor as well as the Male/female connection for injector control (what you are referring to.) There has been a lot more effort put into this by Startech compared to the other plug-in ones available which just had one 'box' (i've had one of those too). So I need to locate the Boost Pressure Sensor in order to link it all up. I'm wondering if its down underneath - to the right of the battery (looking at the car from the front) ....anyone any ideas of its location. A pic would be really useful. Thanks for the reply also and thanks in advance to anyone in the know.

·
Judge Dredd
520 Posts
Probably best to go onto one of the TDi tuning forums...I take it its not the N75 valve they are referring to?

Also where did you buy it from at that price???

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just looked on a VW forum and it said it's on the intercooler outlet pipe. Couldn't see it listed in the Patriot parts manual though but might have missed it.

Sorry I can't help more.

Good Luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys, thanks for your replies. I did eventually find the Boost pressure sensor. I had to undo and hold open the front part of the passenger side inner wheel arch. Then you can get a hand in and unplug the sensor and connect in the one with the SD3 kit. (was on top of a chunky pipe). Everything else was easy. I have to say i'm well pleased with it. It delivers a really smooth improvement and no sooty smoke on hard acceleration either. Too early to tell if mpg will be altered for better, but at the mo i'm liking the extra grunt so its seems about the same. To Borderspeed - I actually got it from ebay, it came from a Jeep dealership who had it on a demonstrator. It was clean as new so i'm well pleased. Wouldn't have paid the £1000 they were new but at the price I paid its far cheaper than most semi-decent plug n play units. Would thoroughly recommend if you can get one at a good price.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for your replies. I did eventually find the Boost pressure sensor. I had to undo and hold open the front part of the passenger side inner wheel arch. Then you can get a hand in and unplug the sensor and connect in the one with the SD3 kit. (was on top of a chunky pipe). Everything else was easy. I have to say i'm well pleased with it. It delivers a really smooth improvement and no sooty smoke on hard acceleration either. Too early to tell if mpg will be altered for better, but at the mo i'm liking the extra grunt so its seems about the same. To Borderspeed - I actually got it from ebay, it came from a Jeep dealership who had it on a demonstrator. It was clean as new so i'm well pleased. Wouldn't have paid the £1000 they were new but at the price I paid its far cheaper than most semi-decent plug n play units. Would thoroughly recommend if you can get one at a good price.
Hi... This is a long shot but you don't happen to have the connection manual for this do you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts