Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Patriot Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a part of the group for about 15 days now and have to say it has been very helpful with my Jeep. I've already installed some 235/70/16s which make a huge difference compared to the POS that came with it.

However, I am curious if anyone has found a way to lower the driver's seat at all? They are completely manual and it appears I cannot lower my seat anymore then it is. I am only 5'8 and should not have my knees hitting the bottom of the dash.

·
8,011 Posts
Welcome! I'm glad you finally got around to introducing yourself. No, I've not tried to lower my driver's seat. In fact I like to sit as high as I can -- to the point of whacking my head when I get in. :( I'm only a little taller than you but I'm rather thin so I may sit farther back. The dash hasn't been a problem.

My cousin has a Honda CRV. She is about my height and almost didn't buy it for the reasons you describe. I've driven her CRV and didn't have a problem, nor does her husband. He drives a smaller car than hers but I forget what.

Back in the 80's I worked with a guy who was considerably taller than me and we both made our living on the road. He was driving a Renault LeCar; I was driving a Buick Electra. He looked like he was driving a go-cart with the wheel between his knees; I felt like I was sitting in my living room.

I guess it all comes down to finding a comfortable driving position. Maybe push the seat further back and lower the wheel? Ah, I've gotta figure you've played around with that. I hope you find a way to get comfortable in your Patriot.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Patriot Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try messing it with it a bit more. Normally I like to sit further back but since this is a manual it may be why I am more forward then normal. I've typically driven smaller cars. In fact my other car is a Chevrolet Sonic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts