Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I joined this forum because of a problem I was trying to fix. Information here allowed me to fix the problem myself (2 thermostats, not 1... secondary one was the culprit!)

I just hit 134,00 miles on my 2014 Latitude 2.4L

So far, so good!
All I’ve really kept up on is oil changes (I put 30k highway miles on it a year in the Pocono Mountains of PA). I’m not easy on it... I go pretty quick on my commute.

I’m the second owner. I purchased it with 20,000 miles in May 2015... this was before I got my current job where I do a 90 mile round trip every work day. I’m on my 3rd set of tires since I’ve had it.

I’ve had to have 2 wheel bearings replaced. I’ve had all 4 brake pads replaced, and front rotors (the mountains here are rough). I had to replace the thermostats. Other than that, nothing. I’ll have it paid off in about 8 months.

I like this vehicle! So, I’ll keep it until it’s no longer worth it. So far, so good!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice one, sounds like you haven't had too much go wrong really! I am aiming for at least 150K on my Patriot! Main thing that gone wrong so far in mine is the starter motor which packed up and needed to be replaced at about 85,000 miles. On 102,000 miles with a clutch that may be on the way out, but we'll see! I do heavy off-roading every so often so that probably doesn't help, esp given the Patriot's not ideal ground clearance!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts